Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tomorrow's the big day!!!
As we all know by now, Lollipop is supposedly "shipping" tomorrow. Who thinks it'll happen? Who thinks something will delay it? Who thinks it'll "ship" but be buggy as hell and 95% of people won't be able to install, the other 5% will be Chris Prices secret accounts that claim they installed it fine lol. Aaaaaaand go!
There will be some last minute delay; I'm guessing a server issue or something like that. What will eventually be delivered is a simple Android-x86 build. There may possibly be one licensed driver that CP adds, but no functional or marketed features visible to the average user.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Actually I think he will release his Github version today so he can move on to Marshmallow, where the Android-x86 team develops right now.

After that it is like Console OS DR1 -> No fixes, no patches. Just something you can download and he can point to saying I delivered like promised.

His rewards program makes only sense, when he has source code which is not abandoned and old.

Interesting will be his strategy. 

On one site his list list of supported devices is getting old and so his potential user base.

On the other site this strategy differentiated him from android-x86 -> per device build targets.

So now he has to make a shift and explain which devices he will support in future, which of course will reduce his potential market size.

The funny thing will be if he is going to say forget about the list I will support everything because ConsoleOS is for everybody.

For this step he needs rewards, developers and a good reputation, because reputation is everything for developers.

In the end it means there is no differentiation to androidx-86 except for a few pre-installed apps and the overwhelming excuses and marketing lies will beginn again  Big Grin
Wasn't his much ballyhooed "Developer Rewards" program supposed to launch next month (from January)? So we have that to look forward to next week as well.

His "per device build targets" demonstrates how much of an idiot this guy is. x86 is a standardized architecture with standard interfaces. It doesn't need kernel tweaks for each individual device (unlike most arm devices). This is why you don't see "per device build targets" of Windows or Linux. But Price needs to demonstrate that he's done some (useless) work, so he installs Android-x86 on each device and copies that for distribution to his backers.

I also find it amusing that he continues his verbal diarrhea on his blog and on twitter while complaining on Kickstarter about wasting time responding to his backers....
(02-21-2016, 10:05 PM)sortan Wrote: His "per device build targets" demonstrates how much of an idiot this guy is. x86 is a standardized architecture with standard interfaces. It doesn't need kernel tweaks for each individual device (unlike most arm devices). This is why you don't see "per device build targets" of Windows or Linux. But Price needs to demonstrate that he's done some (useless) work, so he installs Android-x86 on each device and copies that for distribution to his backers.

Android-x86 is setup to work well on a lot of devices, but some behave differently. What CP is basically doing is: "On devices with built-in hi-dpi displays, we adjust the
PPI/DPI configuration using the standard AOSP controls" (His comment on August 5, 2014). That unnecessarily confusing verbal-watery-shit he spewed basically means "On devices where the resolution looks wonky out of the box, we adjusted the DPI through build.prop and rebuilt the image."

He then counts that as a "device specific build" and prides himself on his awesome development skills. There are no true and meaningful under-the-hood changes on his "build targets." They're all the same code, lifted directly and in entirety from Android-x86, but with very minor one-line changes anyone could implement.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

heres some links for you guys getting permabanned. cp wont stop me. hehe.
http://www.filedropper.com/console-os-dr1v2-ivy-byt
http://www.filedropper.com/console-os-dr1v2-haswell
(02-22-2016, 01:19 AM)catonhatscatspaw Wrote: heres some links for you guys getting permabanned. cp wont stop me. hehe.
http://www.filedropper.com/console-os-dr1v2-ivy-byt
http://www.filedropper.com/console-os-dr1v2-haswell

Thanks and welcome catonhatscatspaw !

I didn't download these...  What are they? New images sent via a new Backer Update list ?

Seriously, I will never install a piece of software that Christopher Price / Mobile Media Ventures / Console OS / ConsoleOS  has touched in any way. But just curious. 

Cheers!
Sure is...... Cool

Android-x86 Open Source Project Announcement

Android-x86 Partners with Remix OS

see here: http://www.android-x86.org/

http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc/announcement
I just posted this. If Christopher Price denies this, I have still cleaned my hands of him. He was given enough chances. He has effectively destroyed himself:

"You're too slow." ~Sonic the Hedgehog

We now know there isn't an automated reply system for those you falsely arraigned as trolls. You, the one, singular, only employee, Mr. Christopher Price, are sitting in front of a computer while you should (or shouldn't, depending on others' interpretations) be copying and pasting Android-x86 code, but instead copying and pasting this poor excuse of a moderation statement. We already knew you are too inept to realize when you are inconsistent with yourself throughout this project. So switching account names easily tripped you up for three whole minutes, and all you needed to do was scroll down half a page and see who did it. How about being true to your humanity and dropping this scam you have started?

There is still time. You could admit you did wrong, here and now, and partially refund everyone, and continue life elsewhere. Now, people, including those residing in the greater Santa Clara area and the FTC, are going to investigate the premises of your establishment since users were denied refunds while others were given refunds as "hush money." Furthermore, the FTC will demand physically proof of the claims you made at the beginning of the project and you know full well what those entail. From then on, you will be publicly branded by the government and the Internet, in short, by the world as you know it, as a phony, a fraud, a con, a crook, a scammer, a swindler, a Pontius Pilate, a liar, a thief, a psychopath, a mentally unstable middle-aged man, and a public menace.

You have sealed your own fate. We have done our part to reach out to you. There is still time to change your ways. Once you ban us, the FTC will have grounds for further action against you. You will have refunded some users while neglecting to refund others. You will be held accountable for mistreating users by showing unfair preference for one user over another in refunding. That is not all. This will be compounded by all your previous offenses, for which you will be branded a criminal. Your days as a mock-up "tech leader" are numbered. Once you go through with this, you will be an outcast to society and suffer financial (meaning compensation for money and time of backers lost, and associated fines) and possibly criminal (meaning prison or jail time) penalties for your misdeeds. You will be lost, alone, and hated.

Do you really want that instead of integrity and courage? People can change. It is never too late. Please, reach deep down and try to see yourself as someone better, someone nobler and kinder, than what you have become. It starts when you decide. Do not let your current path of misdeeds lead to your downfall. Denying it will not happen is like denying the sun will shine. If you were hiding on some remote island, which you are not, you could get away with this. But you aren't. You are in the US, and fully answerable to the law. Do not destroy your life. As much as I hate your choices, as I have openly expressly, I have hoped for a day when you would recognize and rescind your misdeeds. You can still change. The potential is there as it always has been. Make it your choice to avoid a path of self-inflicted pain and anguish that awaits you.

I tried. I really did. I don't know what else to do for him. He knows, but refuses. But he actually paused for almost 23 whole minutes and really felt something. At least, the optimist in me says as much. I really did my best to help, but my work is done here. This conundrum is too dark and dirty for me to do any more. I know this going to mean seeing a man fined and possibly incarcerated. I may pop in to see if he comes to his senses. I hope deep down something fundamentally changes.
You are very kindk but life teaches us that you can only give someone else your hand. He has to take it to change something.

In this world, which Chris Price wanted to be a part of, reputation is everything.

He has lied to many times, he has to many well respected people falsly accusated, he has broken to many self imposed deadlines.

I think lying is his way to feel better, greater and because he has learned it through his studies of economics that honest people are the loosers in this cruel world.

Often illusions work if you want to sell something to uninformed people. 

Truth is not so much important if it stops you from getting an advantage.

Well he played poker with the wrong guys and his bluffs were not good enough, so he loses.

The remaining question is will he learn not to lie or will he learn he has to lie better next time ;-)