Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Access for "banned" 13 Trolls
It looks like I'm in the deportee club, too.  An interesting point is that I didn't exactly get my $50.00 back.  It was $48.25, as PayPal took a processing fee. 

Dropped?  OK.  Redeemed is how I'm would term it. 

So, you know how the magnanimous Christopher Price afforded some backers the 'courtesy' of a refund?

Let's go to the film for a reference:

Creator Mobile Media Ventures, Inc. 3 days ago Wrote:We are not refunding people that ask for a refund. We have only refunded around a dozen people who have been an extreme burden on this project, and with our replies, account for half our comment wall... and we did so as a one-time courtesy - specifically so we could focus on our Lollipop release free from distraction.

Surprize... the cornucopia of deception is full and the lies are just spilling out all over the table. Let's have a look at the Kickstarter T&C,  referenced here:  http://www.consoleosripoff.com/showthread.php?tid=96

Kickstarter T&C Wrote:You can refund individual pledges if you want. After your project has been funded, you can cancel and refund a backer’s pledge at any time. If you do, you have no further obligation to that specific backer, and no agreement exists between you.

Making a backer an "un-backer" is the phrase I used.  And that sounds like what happened. Courtesy and honesty are two virtues this project has been in short supply of.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BackerX's post:
  • Johniey
Smile 
@ BackerX: Full agree.

I am right now also "Un-Backed" and very happy about it.

Mr. Price plays again his game with delays as far as I can see. That is the reliability industry partners want and Android-X86 truely lacks :-)

He only has to compile stuff, which is already on Github and upload it somewhere. 

It shouldn`t be so difficult, but he doesn`t manage it (hoster changes server, ssh keys are broken, bought online storage is not available etc.)

He looks like a newbie in doing such stuff...

There is no point of delaying right now except the stuff on Github doesn`t work.
[-] The following 2 users Like Backer's post:
  • BackerX, Johniey
(02-28-2016, 01:42 AM)Backer Wrote: ...

It shouldn't be so difficult, but he doesn`t manage it (hoster changes server, ssh keys are broken, bought online storage is not available etc.)

He looks like a newbie in doing such stuff...

I really don't understand all the problems he has, in regards to IT, but I have to remind myself that he tries to do everything on the cheap (check out the ringplus/Freedom Pop forum postings, etc).  

Did you catch the bit about how that his servers are "shipping" the latest joke, they may have been moved to a new server because of the uptick in traffic?  I'm not sure why you would try to get a SSH cert on a shared server that you cared about, but what'evs.   

But the last time I checked, the images were being hosted by a 3rd party.  I really can't imagine the demand is out there at this point, when real solutions are readily available, ie Remix, or even android-x86 for that matter.
Source: https://twitter.com/iConsole/status/689975518637223937

Quote:Amazon will power the @amazonappstore on Console OS (+ on @GitHub) as well as provide file hosting for #ConsoleOS Lollipop & Marshmallow.

If this tweed is no lie there would be no point to use other file hosters, but we maybe know all the answer ;-)
(02-22-2016, 10:18 AM)Backer Wrote: I still have access as a backer despite that I accpeted the refund.

Has anybody else lost his/her access to Kickstarter - Console OS stuff?

I lost mine, but I wasn't not one of the "13"
I am now regretting asking for a refund. Without us there, he can get away with garbage like this unchallenged:

"@Ruthaniel. The GitHub logs that others have gone through clearly dispute that.
Unfortunately our CEO had to go on emergency family medical leave, the same week others on the team are on travel. We're a small team and we regret the delays."

There are Github logs, and others have gone through them. However nobody has ever confirmed any significant changes; I certainly wasn't able to find anything. The way he worded that sentence is technically true, but extremely misleading. And as for the second sentence... that post is CLEARLY written by Price; not even a question.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ach_ks's post:
  • BackerX
(03-04-2016, 06:44 AM)ach_ks Wrote: I am now regretting asking for a refund. Without us there, he can get away with garbage like this unchallenged:

It's good to see that there's been a few backers appearing now on the comments section wanting answers so it's not gone all quiet and under control as I suspect they wanted when the did the refunding/banning.

Edit: Really need a better name for 'The 13' even if it's more than 13 now

John
(03-04-2016, 08:23 AM)JohnMcL7 Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 06:44 AM)ach_ks Wrote: I am now regretting asking for a refund. Without us there, he can get away with garbage like this unchallenged:

It's good to see that there's been a few backers appearing now on the comments section wanting answers so it's not gone all quiet and under control as I suspect they wanted when the did the refunding/banning.

Edit: Really need a better name for 'The 13' even if it's more than 13 now

John

They will stand, COS, Is dead in the water, It's a Man struggling to stay on top of the water to not be drowned.
It's simple... The man planned this from the beginning, And Honestly he was Pretty smart knowing the community and backers would stand against him, So he Went out, Bought, Cars, Tablets, PC's, Phones, to DEV HIS PROJECT.... Surprised no one has noticed, especially with the Online Sells (Noted on this forum)..

And Used what he knew, To get 80G's...

And I'm sorry to say he did.... and won doing it.....

Mike
What a great CEO, let your whole team travel at the same time, WITH testing equipment (one "team" member supposedly took a Miix 2 with him, so Price had no idea how to answer one backer's question), and let them go right after releasing a now support-less product you've made people wait a year and a half for (although it's just a botched version of x86) AND after "launching" Console Developer Rewards (although it's just a thrown together update with no mention of actual partners, actual rewards, or actual shipping timelines).
[-] The following 1 user Likes xxlariusxx's post:
  • Johniey
As if the imaginary excuses "emergency family medical leave" and "teammates" with relevant devices being "on travel" (whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean?) weren't enough, he has augmented that with some further BS for someone chasing him on Developer Staging Rewards - now the backups have fallen through! Shouldn't be too difficult to grab the files from android-x86.org Wink

[Image: PAvbwYV.png]
Christopher Price Wrote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging
[-] The following 1 user Likes roddie's post:
  • Johniey