Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Console OS is Live!!
Can a backer download and re-upload it to Google Drive or something like that?

I just signed up for a Console account but I'm not special enough with only a Standard account.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

to the 13 banned backers, the conspiracy theorist in me says we shouldn't try the download. i think the pathetic mr price is drowning. he's doing everything he can to delay because he doesn't have anything but he needs to show the backers he hasn't refunded that he's doing something. to me, his comment about posting on the wall if there are any problems is an attempt to draw is out so that he can blame us for all the potential problems. of course this is just my opinion and I could be totally wrong but at least for now, I think the current backers should step in to prove him wrong.
I tried the download. It is an obvious line-for-line copy of Android-x86. The only changes I noticed was Amazon Appstore, the booting process said "Detecting Console OS..." instead of "Detecting Android-x86..." and the "android" AOSP boot screen was switched to say "console," but it was blurry and didn't look good.

I thought CP touted better graphics, but it's using Mesa and Open GL ES 3.0 just like every other Android-x86 build. All expected.

Really really really sorry excuse for $78,497. The man should be extremely ashamed of himself, he's a piece of shit.

For those of you on reddit: go upvote this so we can push it to the top, and let the games begin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comment...oad_links/
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX
mary's goats - you're braver than i! i wouldn't let anything from the pathetic mr price touch my devices lol!

the most blatant flaw i see about his latest comment on having a working version of console os is why is he posting it on the comment wall and not sending out an update? he strikes me as a loser who would do anything to bring others down so why wouldn't he just tell everyone to prove he's right? i think the answer is because he doesn't have anything and he knows that there are just a few of the 5000+ backers actively watching the wall so he thinks he can hold them off for awhile. but if he sent out an update, that would go to all backers and when they tried to download it and find it's a piece of junk, he would have a lynch mob on his hands.
sorry pathetic mr price. you're playing by our rules. not the other way around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dennis's post:
  • BackerX
I would like to post to kickstarter,but I was given a 1 week time-out
[-] The following 1 user Likes pk1967's post:
  • BackerX
(02-23-2016, 11:58 PM)dennis Wrote: ...
the most blatant flaw i see about his latest comment on having a working version of console os is why is he posting it on the comment wall and not sending out an update?  ...

I would agree.  I think the majority of backers wrote this project off years ago.  If he sends out a backer update, he's going to renew interest and folks are going to check out the Comment Wall and get pissed and add their names to the refund request list.
(02-23-2016, 11:29 PM)Marys Goats Wrote: For those of you on reddit: go upvote this so we can push it to the top, and let the games begin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comment...oad_links/
Looks like this post has been removed from Reddit - was it the filedropper links that were posted on here earlier? I tried those and the first crapped out at 27MB and the other at 51MB.
Christopher Price Wrote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging
@backerx - exactly! and this comment posted on the wall by the pathetic mr price just raises more suspicion...

'Please post a comment if your account says you have a Standard account. Right here. What we'll do is check those accounts in our backend, and fix them manually.
Most backers that log in to account.console.com.co should have Kickstarter credentials - provided you are using the same email as your Kickstarter account.'

why is he stressing for backers to post to the wall? i think it's because he's trying to bait the 13 to try to download and use us as an excuse to not deliver. since we were refunded, we aren't supposed to download and i think he wants to use that as an excuse to delay.

since none of us took the bait, now he's blaming his server hosts saying it's a bandwidth issue.

and it's kind of a coincidence that right after i posted the question here about why he hasn't sent out a backer update, he posts on the comment wall an excuse saying he doesn't want to 'overload things'. hmmmm do you think he's checking this forum? LOL! what a pathetic dweeb lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dennis's post:
  • BackerX
(02-24-2016, 01:00 AM)dennis Wrote: ...
and it's kind of a coincidence that right after i posted the question here about why he hasn't sent out a backer update, he posts on the comment wall an excuse saying he doesn't want to 'overload things'.  hmmmm do you think he's checking this forum?  LOL!  what a pathetic dweeb lol.

I noticed that too.  And noticed a persistent 'guest' browsing the site most of the evening. Of course, Christopher Price is  welcomed to read anything here.  Post.. umm.. not so much. 

It would be funny if someone responded to the servers being overloaded with a link to one of the android-x86 mirrors.
(02-23-2016, 06:38 PM)Mary Wrote: Can a backer download and re-upload it to Google Drive or something like that?

I just signed up for a Console account but I'm not special enough with only a Standard account.

LOL...your much better off getting the android-x86 version of lollipop or Remix OS....

The Console OS version is a pretty pathetic version of android-x86....IMO

http://www.fosshub.com/Android-x86.html, 2nd & 3rd in list, img is 64bit

Remis OS is here:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/real-androi...ix-os-2-0/

http://www.jide.com/en/remixos
[-] The following 1 user Likes tbltsx86's post:
  • BackerX