Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Legal action against this site
(02-27-2016, 07:33 AM)roddie Wrote: Latest horseshit excuse for lack of progress - no doubt we have been threatening him:

Is targeting similar to staging?
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX
If I would be him I would use this for my exit strategy:

Of course, it is not Mr. Prices fault, that nobody is interested in using Console OS.

These damn 13 backers have destroyed and ruined with false claims and lies the reputation of Console OS.

So it is no wonder that a lot of ressources Mr. Price had to spent to fight against these trolls instead for development.

Unfortunately Mr. Price`s burning midnight actions didn`t work against such inflammentory enemies.

Because of this negative reputation no developers want to take part on the developer rewards, which is open for all Android distributions.

There must be also a conspiracy including the 13 damn trolls, Remix OS and Android-X86 -> maybe financial motivated.

So in the end Mr. Price has no chance against this superiority, stops Console OS, the developers reward and now he has to proof legal actions against these people.

I wouldn`t be suprised if the story goes this way :-)
"There's no question that Jide has been "supporting" Android-x86 for awhile now, and we intend to pursue the appearances of impropriety there more aggressively. We'll say this: We didn't pay Android-x86's shakedown demands."

Now he's gonna go after Jide? To accomplish what? No one believes that Jide paid some kind of ransom. No one believes that Android-x86's request for a donation was a "shakedown." How does he not get this by now? How does he still portray himself as, simultaneously, a hero and a victim? 
[-] The following 1 user Likes xxlariusxx's post:
  • BackerX
Well, we did get this:

Quote:Please be advised that we have received notice (copy below) of alleged
infringement on your website.  Please remove or disable access to the
alleged infringing material within two business days, and provide written
notice to us to that effect when completed.

Failure to eliminate or disable access to such alleged infringing material
within such time period could result in suspension or termination of your
website. 

Should you have further questions, please contact us.

Thank You,
Legal Team

NOTICE TO COMPLAINING PARTY:  Please review the above web site after the
expiration of the notice period, and notify us in the event you
determine that the alleged infringing material has not been eliminated or
that access to it has not been disabled, and we will take further action.

REPORT:
-------
---- Forwarded message ----
Subject: DMCA Complaint & Civil Harassment Complaint
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:17:42 -0800
To: legal@bluehost.com

Hello Bluehost Staff,

Below is our first DMCA complaint about the site “ConsoleOSRipoff.com” - This site, we feel as a whole, infringes on our trademarks, copyrights, and intellectual property. This is the first, of likely several complaints, that you will have to process.

More seriously, the site has engaged in a pattern of cyberstalking against members of our company. This has devolved into stalking individual employee and contractor’s social media sites, eBay auctions, LinkedIn pages, and more - with the intention of pressuring them to stop working for our company. We are considering and preparing legal action.

We discourage you from hosting this site. It is engaged in a pattern of cyberstalking and cyberbullying against individuals on our team.

Finally, we respect criticism of our products. This site has crossed that line on numerous occasions, and is engaged in a pattern of outright harassment.

Thanks for your time.

Christopher Price
Founder & CEO
Mobile Media Ventures, Inc. d/b/a Console, Inc.
Console.com.co

Dear Bluehost,

I, Christopher Price, am CEO and an authorized representative of the copyright holder:

2905 Stender Way Ste 86
Santa Clara, CA 95054

The following links and content, based on information and belief, constitute a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:

http://consoleosripoff.com/showthread.ph...425#pid425
Description of Infringing Material: Download links, with decryption keys, for Console OS Lollipop builds not made available publicly.
Description of Copyrighted Material: Private builds of Console OS with Android, built by Console, Inc.

I understand that, under 17 U.S.C § 512(f), I may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys' fees, if I knowingly and materially misrepresent that reported material or activity is infringing.

I declare under penalty of perjury that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

I declare under penalty of perjury that the information above is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.

"Please do not steal my product - I don't want people to know it's exactly the same as the product I stole from Android-x86."
Christopher Price Wrote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging
Price is really getting desperate. Though seldom enforced there are serious penalties associated with knowingly filing false DCMA claims.

About 60 seconds of Googling shows that this site does not infringe as it fails 2 of the 3 elements of trademark infringement:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/property00/...seLaw.html

And, even so, as a commentary site it's fair use anyways.

The ironic part about the "cyberstalking" claims is that if he didn't fraudulently represent himself as an outsider on those accounts, we would have no reason to look into that activity. Besides, any activity by this huckster gives us potential insight into what Kickstarter funds are being used for.
So which is it?

He's always said that claims of astroturfing were "unfounded." Now he's saying that these other accounts are members of his "team" that are being cyberstalked. If that's the case, then he has to admit that the astroturfing is true because, at some point, these other accounts have been spotted praising Console OS without disclosing they were Console OS employees.
I would have made him provide proof on the Copyright, I HOPE TO GOD HE DOES THIS ME!!!!!!   I've been waiting....  Someone post a link on the WALL!!    I'll find out, I studied law (12 Hours a Day) for about 8 Years......At one of the Best Law Libraries In the US!   Come On Big Dog!

8-)

EDIT:I'm Continually Screwing Up the QUOTE LOL!
We should be flattered that the Founder, CEO, Chairman of the Board, CFO, COO, CTO, Contractor, and Team Member is following us so closely that he managed to send that little love note on the same day as the "infringing" post Wink

Christopher doesn't have much of a future in the IT industry, but he does have a promising career in inadvertent comedy, because that was one of the funniest things I've read in a while.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sortan's post:
  • Johniey
(03-05-2016, 12:46 AM)BackerX Wrote: Well, we did get this:

Quote:Please be advised that we have received notice (copy below) of alleged
infringement on your website.  Please remove or disable access to the
alleged infringing material within two business days, and provide written
notice to us to that effect when completed.

Failure to eliminate or disable access to such alleged infringing material
within such time period could result in suspension or termination of your
website. 

Should you have further questions, please contact us.

Thank You,
Legal Team

NOTICE TO COMPLAINING PARTY:  Please review the above web site after the
expiration of the notice period, and notify us in the event you
determine that the alleged infringing material has not been eliminated or
that access to it has not been disabled, and we will take further action.

REPORT:
-------
---- Forwarded message ----
Subject: DMCA Complaint & Civil Harassment Complaint
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:17:42 -0800
To: legal@bluehost.com

Hello Bluehost Staff,

Below is our first DMCA complaint about the site “ConsoleOSRipoff.com” - This site, we feel as a whole, infringes on our trademarks, copyrights, and intellectual property. This is the first, of likely several complaints, that you will have to process.

More seriously, the site has engaged in a pattern of cyberstalking against members of our company. This has devolved into stalking individual employee and contractor’s social media sites, eBay auctions, LinkedIn pages, and more - with the intention of pressuring them to stop working for our company. We are considering and preparing legal action.

We discourage you from hosting this site. It is engaged in a pattern of cyberstalking and cyberbullying against individuals on our team.

Finally, we respect criticism of our products. This site has crossed that line on numerous occasions, and is engaged in a pattern of outright harassment.

Thanks for your time.

Christopher Price
Founder & CEO
Console.com.co

Dear Bluehost,

I, Christopher Price, am CEO and an authorized representative of the copyright holder:

2905 Stender Way Ste 86
Santa Clara, CA 95054

The following links and content, based on information and belief, constitute a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act:

http://consoleosripoff.com/showthread.ph...425#pid425
Description of Infringing Material: Download links, with decryption keys, for Console OS Lollipop builds not made available publicly.
Description of Copyrighted Material: Private builds of Console OS with Android, built by Console, Inc.

I understand that, under 17 U.S.C § 512(f), I may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys' fees, if I knowingly and materially misrepresent that reported material or activity is infringing.

I declare under penalty of perjury that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

I declare under penalty of perjury that the information above is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.

"if you give people a tool that they can use to try to stifle the speech of others, it will be abused. It's always abused. Those insisting that expanding takedown abilities to target trollish accounts will lead to good outcomes are failing to realize that the exact opposite is likely to happen. The takedown powers will be abused by the trolls instead. Be careful what you wish for."

many things on DMCA takedown notices are changing....

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8061293

https://www.techdirt.com/blog/?tag=dmca

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201201...ling.shtml

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201207...l#comments

https://www.eff.org/press/releases/fifte...dmca-abuse

https://www.eff.org/takedowns

http://www.copyhype.com/2014/03/some-exa...mca-abuse/
[-] The following 2 users Like tbltsx86's post:
  • Johniey, BackerX