Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Timeline - Work in Progress
I've actually wanted to start a thread on the timeline since this is one of the major points he constantly lies about, but haven't gotten around to it. This is a rough sketch:

March 2014: Media reports that both Google and Microsoft are against dual boot devices
June 2014: ConsoleOS Kickstarter begins
July 2014: Christopher Price spams ConsoleOS on the Android-x86 mailing list where Chih-Wei Huang tells him he's not going to get anywhere using Intel or the big players because of Google and Microsoft
August 2014: Kickstarter ends
August 2014: Price claims Intel drops support for certain devices from Android-IA, but that he was confident that his team could carry on the work (ha!). Note that Price doesn't mention any of this to backers at the time. In one post on reddit he claims he would have refunded people but Kickstarter and Amazon take their cut immediately (false)
January 2015: Price claims that Intel finally kills Android-IA support. Everybody but him has seen the writing on the wall for half a year now. Still no notification to backers, just some vague hints and comparing himself to Motorola and other companies.
August 2015: This last date is subjective, but he only really admits that ConsoleOS is basically Android-IA in the last few months. Until then he was pretending, quite busily, that he and his team of engineers were hard at work rebuilding Android from the ground-up.
Brick 
This is a work in progress, but I want to work on timeline to nail down what was known and when, vs. what was shared. Going to be moving some posts around.  (Can't figure out the best way to do this) 

This isn't done.. updating as I get time. Mods, add/edit away. 
**updated 3/4/16 - more work to do.

March 2014: Media reports that both Google and Microsoft are against dual boot devices
July 2014: Christopher Price spams ConsoleOS on the Android-x86 mailing list where Chih-Wei Huang tells him he's not going to get anywhere using Intel or the big players because of Google and Microsoft
August  2014: Christopher Price and all discussion of Console OS, is banned from on Android-x86 

August 11, 2014: Kickstarter ends

August 15 2014: Price claims he learns that has Intel ddropped support for certain devices from Android-IA, but that he was confident that his team could carry on the work (ha!). Note that Price doesn't mention any of this to backers at the time. In one post on reddit he claims he would have refunded people but Kickstarter and Amazon take their cut immediately (false)

August 19 2014: Backer Update | First Post-Campaign Update - Backers, Check Your Email! | First mention of Android L 
August 28 2014: Backer Update | We Could Use Your Help - A Startup Challenge (Vator)
September  2 2014: Backer Update | Hardware Voting Is Going Live!
September 23 2014: Backer Update  | Pre-Vator Update
October 2 2014: Backer Update | We Could Use Your Help #2 - AMD & Vator Finals

October 10 2014: Kickstarter/Amazon Payments 60-day Refund without penalty period expires

October 13 2014: Backer Update | New Video & Our Brand New Meetup Page
December 2014: "We expect Console OS (Pro) 1.0 around December, 2014. We can't promise each and every device/feature/item will make the cut, as with any operating system, some features will get added, and some delayed."

December 5 2014: Backer Update | Console OS Developer Release 1 - How to Get It [Backers Only] - Android-IA Kitkat repackaged, unbootable for most "target" devices 

December 5 2014: Backer Update | Alternate Download Instructions for DR1
December 27 2014: Backer Update | Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays, Backers

January 2015: Price claims that Intel finally kills Android-IA support. Everybody but him has seen the writing on the wall for half a year now. Still no notification to backers, just some vague hints and comparing himself to Motorola and other companies.

January 31 2015: Backer Update | Why Lollipop is Such a Pain to Get Working (And, our rollout this.. | Mention of attending Mobile World Congress in Spain in March.  Identifies two alternative Android on x86 platforms. Pay attention here: "One that is not meant for end-users, and the other we have lost confidence in delivering commercial success. We think Console OS can deliver a new balance in this equation. We promise that when we do, we will put your Kickstarter money to work encouraging open-source developers to contribute improvements. Improvements that everyone in the Android world will benefit from."
*Forensic Audit Checkpoint - How have Backer Funds been  spent to this point?
** Sounds like the harbinger to the 'developer rewards' program promulgated almost a year from now. But now that we are out of cash, we'll give hardware from our 'industry partners'? 
*** Kickstarter funds are going to be used for 'improvements'?

Mar 3 2015: Backer Update | Introducing iConsole micro & Our New Company Name -  backer funds used for legal expenses?
Mar 23 2015: Backer Update | The Latest on Console Development - Back from MWC, CP claims he was promoting iConsole TV, but many references to ConsoleOS.  Later claims Intel paid for every portion of the trip* (comment wall) 

May 27 2015: Backer Update | I/O Eve Update - "More importantly, we promise to put significant amounts of your Kickstarter dollars back into the community to encourage developers to contribute."
*Forensic Audit Checkpoint - How have Backer Funds been spent to this point?

Aug 14 2015: Backer Update | One Year Later -  "While we met our goal to ship Console OS KitKat in December on most targeted devices" 

August 2015: This last date is subjective, but he only really admits that ConsoleOS is basically Android-IA in the last few months. Until then he was pretending, quite busily, that he and his team of engineers were hard at work rebuilding Android from the ground-up. (we need to source this, I know it's out there) 

Oct 23 2015: Backer Update | Circling Back to Core - 
Oct 29 2015: Backer Update | Android & Chrome OS Are Merging. And We Couldn't Be Happier - 

December 15: Android-x86.org emails exposed, MMV/Chrisopher Price begging for a partnership to engender some legitamacy, bringing nothing to the table.  
December 25 2015: Backer Update: Avoiding a Shakedown
February 19 2016:  Refunds issued to the "13 Trolls" Backers
February 19+ 2016: Hundreds (count, seperate project) of backers ask for refunds
February 23 2016:  Refunds issued to a few more "Trolls"
[-] The following 1 user Likes BackerX's post:
  •
FACTS ABOUT CONSOLE OS:
-----------------------------------
Console OS never existed....it was a scam that made use of
Intel's existing Android-IA project, then the android-x86 project.

There is no evidence(code) to show Console OS by CPrice of MMV,INC. ever existed.

Console OS never existed....Initial KickStarter Console OS, was simply a fork of Intel's
Android-IA project by CPrice of MMV,Inc. and later after Intel moved on from
existing processors to only newer processors with Android-IA, CPrice simply forked android-x86 project.

There is no evidence(code) to show Console OS by CPrice of MMV,INC. ever existed.

Anything claimed delivered by CPrice of MMV,INC.  was already existing and
available FREE to anyone who wanted to use it, Android-IA project available since 2012
and android-x86 project available since 2009.

"Has Console OS met any promises?

Console OS claims full support for Unity, Havok Project Anarchy, and Unreal Engine 4. However, without any working builds to show for it, we can’t say this claim has been met.

Price has promised to build a hypervisor called “InstaSwitch” to allow for seamless toggling between Windows and Android with no GPU overhead. He claimed that several unnamed OEMs were in talks with him over this technology.

Price promised to ship the iConsole Micro during the summer of 2015 as well as alpha and nightly builds of Console OS by March, but neither of these goals were met.

On the UX end, Price has promised to make a UI that “[feels] like the mainline of PC OS interface standards.” This UI would have had an App Menu that “works with multi-tasking”, a “new navigation bar”, a one-page homescreen, and a mouse-friendly status bar. Finally, he claimed to have an “AOSP Mode” that shuts off all Console OS augmentations. This UX was supposedly sent to various PC makers who said they “liked it.”

Regarding Wi-Fi cards and USB controllers, Price claims they’re licensing drivers from Realtek, Broadcom, Qualcomm, Atheros, and Intel but that they were struggling with Marvell. He also claimed that USB 3.0 worked at “SuperSpeed rates.” "

above promises quoted from:
 http://www.xda-developers.com/android-x8...explained/

REFS:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/android...processors

https://github.com/android-ia?page=32

https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00453.html

https://01.org/android-ia/downloads

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android-x86

http://www.i-programmer.info/news/193-an...itkat.html

https://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/_list/git

http://www.android-x86.org/

http://www.android-x86.org/download

http://www.fosshub.com/Android-x86.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes tbltsx86's post:
  • Johniey
(03-02-2016, 12:06 PM)tbltsx86 Wrote: Initial KickStarter claimed Console OS was simply a fork of Intel's Android-IA project by CPrice of MMV,Inc. and later after Intel moved
on from Android-IA, CPrice simply forked android-x86 project.

Nonono, no it did not. The initial campaign never claimed Console OS was a fork of anything. The campaign clearly painted Console OS as a unique operating system, and the comparison charts stacked it up against Android-IA, Android-x86, Bluestacks, etc. Android-IA was shown as a competitor, with Console OS being SUPERIOR. Nowhere in the campaign did it say "We are forking Android-IA" or "Our OS relies on Android-IA," or "We use Android-IA, and then add stuff to it." Nowhere.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 2 users Like Mary's Goats's post:
  • xxlariusxx, BackerX
(03-02-2016, 12:47 PM)Mary Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 12:06 PM)tbltsx86 Wrote: Initial KickStarter claimed Console OS was simply a fork of Intel's Android-IA project by CPrice of MMV,Inc. and later after Intel moved

Nonono, no it did not. The initial campaign never claimed Console OS was a fork of anything. The campaign clearly painted Console OS as a unique operating system, and the comparison charts stacked it up against Android-IA, Android-x86, Bluestacks, etc. Android-IA was shown as a competitor, with Console OS being SUPERIOR. Nowhere in the campaign did it say "We are forking Android-IA" or "Our OS relies on Android-IA," or "We use Android-IA, and then add stuff to it." Nowhere.

Yes your correct and my wording did not mean to imply that....so I have various was to correct it and hopefully make it clear..
I have chosen a correction.....thanks
(03-02-2016, 12:47 PM)Mary Wrote:

True, But everyone knew, Just by the Questions he was asking back then.......

EDIT:

If the post he made on Groups,  AND His "Involvement" with the Community Before 2007
I Started with the X86 Project (Now I'm OLD SO!!!  Not googling to find the exact date!)  But around 2013 (ish), I just jumped in (After Flashing a Bunch of phones, and Thinking YA KNOW, ANDROID ON ME PC WOULD BE COOL!!!!) Lol, I Lost windows back then, Did A Whole Format C: Cause I didn't know what the hell I was Doing.... Today, I Can Lose EVERYTHING on this computer and bring it back in 10 Minutes or less, THAT's one thing the X86 Project Taught me....   Ya Guess I'm Rambling, Sorry MG 8-)

Moike

And I'll say AGAIN keyboard Friday, After months of fixing typos, screw it......
Filled out a bit more. What I want demonstrate is that Christoper Price was not operating in Good Faith and had a multitude of opportunities to communicate to his customers that he (and his team?) lacked the skills and ability to complete the project as described, and chose not to disclose that, especially during the refund period.

Then, all we'll need is a full accounting and auditable record of how the Backer funds were used. They were loaded onto a credit card account. It shouldn't be that hard.
(03-04-2016, 02:26 AM)BackerX Wrote: Then, all we'll need is a full accounting and auditable record of how the Backer funds were used. They were loaded onto a credit card account. It shouldn't be that hard.

But there's zero way to force Christopher Price to hand over accounting, outside of legal action. Kickstarter's ToS state that an accounting of funds needs to be presented if a project fails. We all know at this point that Christopher will never say the project has failed; he'll ride it out, excuse after excuse, like he has for 2 years now.

After all, really hard decisions had to be made, and while they could have thrown in the towel, he's super proud they didn't!
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

(02-25-2016, 11:31 PM)BackerX Wrote: This is a work in progress, but I want to work on timeline to nail down what was known and when, vs. what was shared. Going to be moving some posts around.  (Can't figure out the best way to do this) 

This isn't done.. updating as I get time. Mods, add/edit away. 
**updated 3/4/16 - more work to do.

August  2014: Christopher Price and all discussion of Console OS, is banned from on Android-x86 

August 11, 2014: Kickstarter ends

August 15 2014: Price claims he learns that has Intel ddropped support for certain devices from Android-IA, but that he was confident that his team could carry on the work (ha!). Note that Price doesn't mention any of this to backers at the time. In one post on reddit he claims he would have refunded people but Kickstarter and Amazon take their cut immediately (false)

August 19 2014: Backer Update | First Post-Campaign Update - Backers, Check Your Email! | First mention of Android L 
August 28 2014: Backer Update | We Could Use Your Help - A Startup Challenge (Vator)
September  2 2014: Backer Update | Hardware Voting Is Going Live!
September 23 2014: Backer Update  | Pre-Vator Update
October 2 2014: Backer Update | We Could Use Your Help #2 - AMD & Vator Finals

October 10 2014: Kickstarter/Amazon Payments 60-day Refund without penalty period expires

October 13 2014: Backer Update | New Video & Our Brand New Meetup Page
December 2014: "We expect Console OS (Pro) 1.0 around December, 2014. We can't promise each and every device/feature/item will make the cut, as with any operating system, some features will get added, and some delayed."

December 5 2014: Backer Update | Console OS Developer Release 1 - How to Get It [Backers Only] - Android-IA Kitkat repackaged, unbootable for most "target" devices 

December 5 2014: Backer Update | Alternate Download Instructions for DR1
December 27 2014: Backer Update | Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays, Backers

January 31 2015: Backer Update | Why Lollipop is Such a Pain to Get Working (And, our rollout this.. | Mention of attending Mobile World Congress in Spain in March.  Identifies two alternative Android on x86 platforms. Pay attention here: "One that is not meant for end-users, and the other we have lost confidence in delivering commercial success. We think Console OS can deliver a new balance in this equation. We promise that when we do, we will put your Kickstarter money to work encouraging open-source developers to contribute improvements. Improvements that everyone in the Android world will benefit from."
*Forensic Audit Checkpoint - How have Backer Funds been  spent to this point?
** Sounds like the harbinger to the 'developer rewards' program promulgated almost a year from now. But now that we are out of cash, we'll give hardware from our 'industry partners'? 
*** Kickstarter funds are going to be used for 'improvements'?

Mar 3 2015: Backer Update | Introducing iConsole micro & Our New Company Name -  backer funds used for legal expenses?
Mar 23 2015: Backer Update | The Latest on Console Development - Back from MWC, CP claims he was promoting iConsole TV, but many references to ConsoleOS.  Later claims Intel paid for every portion of the trip* (comment wall) 

May 27 2015: Backer Update | I/O Eve Update - "More importantly, we promise to put significant amounts of your Kickstarter dollars back into the community to encourage developers to contribute."
*Forensic Audit Checkpoint - How have Backer Funds been spent to this point?

Aug 14 2015: Backer Update | One Year Later -  "While we met our goal to ship Console OS KitKat in December on most targeted devices" 

August 2015: This last date is subjective, but he only really admits that ConsoleOS is basically Android-IA in the last few months. Until then he was pretending, quite busily, that he and his team of engineers were hard at work rebuilding Android from the ground-up. (we need to source this, I know it's out there) 

Oct 23 2015: Backer Update | Circling Back to Core - 
Oct 29 2015: Backer Update | Android & Chrome OS Are Merging. And We Couldn't Be Happier - 

December 15: Android-x86.org emails exposed, MMV/Chrisopher Price begging for a partnership to engender some legitamacy, bringing nothing to the table.  
December 25 2015: Backer Update: Avoiding a Shakedown
February 19 2016:  Refunds issued to the "13 Trolls" Backers
February 19+ 2016: Hundreds (count, seperate project) of backers ask for refunds
February 23 2016:  Refunds issued to a few more "Trolls"

adding some info to your timeline, may bring more questions than
answers.....??!!

May 13, 2013: iConsole.tv Game System announced.
                           https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/...es#/entity
                           http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/13/icons...e-console/
                           http://www.phonenews.com/behind-the-scen...ext-22956/

August 24, 2013: Intel SUSPENDS Android-IA Releases
                               https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00393.html
                               https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00395.html

September 20, 2013: iConsole.tv Drops Price
                                      http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/20/icons...-graphics/

Febuary 28, 2014: NOGO for 32-bit uEFI Baytrail
                                 https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00474.html

May 29, 2014: https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00595.html
                          https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00597.html
                         https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search...HgCHikw-EJ

June 9, 2014: Elavated to Black Belt Developer
                         https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2...hris-price

June Kickstarter:  Dell: XPS 11, XPS 12, XPS 13, and XPS 15, Venue 8 Pro, Venue 11 Pro
                                http://wiki.console.com.co/w/Dell_Venue_8_Pro

August 8, 2014: only 3 supported devices...NOT FOR CONSUMERS??
                        https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00683.html
                        https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00693.html
                        https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00700.html
                        https://lists.01.org/pipermail/android-i...00702.html

August 11, 2014: Kickstarter ends

August 15 2014: Price claims he learns that has Intel ddropped support for certain devices from Android-IA, but that he was confident that his team could carry on the work (ha!). Note that Price doesn't mention any of this to backers at the time. In one post on reddit he claims he would have refunded people but Kickstarter and Amazon take their cut immediately (false)

August 19 2014: Backer Update | First Post-Campaign Update - Backers, Check Your Email! | First mention of Android L

September 5, 2014: Intel Discontinues Core M Broadwell
                                     http://www.chiploco.com/intel-discontinu...pus-35950/
tbltsx86 Wrote:adding some info to your timeline, may bring more questions than
answers.....??!!

Thanks tbltsx86,  
 I'll add this info into the timeline tonight.