Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Timeline - Work in Progress
(03-04-2016, 03:00 AM)Mary Wrote: After all, really hard decisions had to be made, and while they could have thrown in the towel, he's super proud they didn't!

Christopher Price Wrote:We didn't kill Android-IA for PC, and forking Android-x86 kept our project alive. We stand by the call, we're proud of it, and we aren't going to refund you.
I'm going to flesh out the timeline a bit with some links. Here's the first one:

The Christopher Price Timeline Verison 1.0.

Quote:Amazon Payments and Kickstarter take their cuts of the money the instant Kickstarter ends. There is no undo button for when Intel pulls the plug on Android-IA for PC hardware a week later. Our only path forward is to push on. And we have, as we outlined fully in our response.

Few notes: there is an easy "undo" button for refunds for 60 days, where Amazon and Kickstarter will refund everything, including their fees. Note that Intel, here, has apparently "pulled the plug" on "Android-IA for PC hardware". "pulled the plug" sounds pretty permanent (you don't "pull the plug" on someone, and then push it right back in....), and "PC hardware" generally means stuff that runs Windows (as opposed to Macs, or Android).

Here, Christopher has coupled one lie with something close to the truth. He lied about the refunds, but came close to the truth about Intel cancelling Android-IA for everything that runs Windows (including tablets).

When people started pointing out that refunds could be issued until 60 days, he had to come up with a new story and a new timeline.

The Christopher Price Timeline Version (I don't know, must be about 5.0 by now). link

Quote:The only thing we were told three days after our Kickstarter had ended, was that Android-IA development for Core processors was temporarily suspended.

When you lie, if you're specific about things, it helps your believability. That's where the three days comes in. Beyond that the story has changed to "temporarily suspended", and suspended only for "Core processors".

Christopher is actually quite good at conning people. First, we have a lie coupled with the truth and second, we have a complete lie, with added, specific, details. Both techniques used to make the lie more believable.
[-] The following 2 users Like sortan's post:
  • Mary's Goats, BackerX
June 26, 2015 is CP's first mention of Console OS using Android-IA in any way, shape, or form.

This was the quote from the Kickstarter comments:

Quote:We are still finalizing exact bits - it's tougher than it sounds. But yes, binary blobs will be released for components we cannot open source, or for components we develop in-house down the road. Our goal though is to have the open-source track as in-line with internal builds as possible... it's not in our interest to deviate because it adds tons of complexity. Initially, because of all the bugs we're still running into, the open-source track will be a superset of Android-IA. That will get us able to flow money and incentivize developers to patch stuff that we can upstream in the closed builds. As traction builds, we can mainline the two build paths better. We're still working on Mixed Mode, we'll be bringing more people in next week as promised if we can't get it up and running this weekend.

So even if the final nail in Android-IA's coffin was dealt in January 2015, he waited another 5 months before even mentioning that Console OS used it.

Even so, if Android-IA was dead in January 2015, why did he say this on July 9, 2015, 6 months later?:

Quote:@That Headphones Guy - As we have mentioned, Intel has temporarily suspended development of Android on Core, including Core M. This occurred after our Kickstarter campaign ended. We are continuing to discuss with Intel resuming support for Android on Core processors - we have to prove there's sufficient demand there. We're confident that with Console OS going open-source, that we can demonstrate that demand... but it's going to take time.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

He's blamed NDAs (again) in his last comment for not disclosing the status of Android-IA sooner. A piss-poor excuse. One, there is more than one way to say the backbone of your project has been suspended without specifically mentioning IA. Try: "The backbone of our project has been suspended." Two, if an NDA prohibits you from even mentioning that you're using it, you have no business collecting money for a project you can't completely disclose the details of.
Nice find.

Quote:Initially, because of all the bugs we're still running into, the open-source track will be a superset of Android-IA.

Wow. Such a weasel-y statement. He still heavily implies that his "internal builds" were/are something different to Android-IA, but because of bugs and only "initially" they will be a "superset" of Android-IA. Sheesh.
(03-12-2016, 07:47 PM)sortan Wrote: Nice find.

I really wish some of you could still post to the Kickstarter wall. Hell, I wish I spent $10 on the project so I could post. I have pure tech-hatred for this guy and I'm not even a backer. If someone called him out on what I just found, there is literally NO EXCUSE he could come up with that satisfies it.

The timeline breaks down at that point and doesn't match up.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

(03-09-2016, 12:51 AM)BackerX Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 03:00 AM)Mary Wrote: After all, really hard decisions had to be made, and while they could have thrown in the towel, he's super proud they didn't!

Christopher Price Wrote:We didn't kill Android-IA for PC, and forking Android-x86 kept our project alive. We stand by the call, we're proud of it, and we aren't going to refund you.

Well maybe a plus did come out of this after all.....

Christopher Price ‏@chrisprice  Apr 5

Badly needed, long overdue, and very welcomed. @github http://wptavern.com/project-owners-can-now-block-abusive-users-on-github 

and following the links.....we get

GitHub ‏@github  Apr 4

Organizations can now block abusive users from public repositories https://github.com/blog/2146-organizations-can-now-block-abusive-users 

so CPrice scam by using others open source code and claiming
it as his own may now be numbered....as his reputation proceeds him
!!!