Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coming This Month: Developer Rewards. Of course it's not!!
Well, with one more day in February, the "Coming Next Month: Console Developer Rewards" Christopher Price updated on January 2 isn't actually coming to fruition. 55 days later, nothing.

Not like anyone expected it anyways. No one gives a fuck about Console OS.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX
(02-27-2016, 03:42 PM)Mary Wrote: Not like anyone expected it anyways. No one gives a fuck about Console OS.

So true. Their forum says it all. Only been a couple of posts since the release this past week and the rest is spam or posts from 2015.. Either people aren't downloading it or it installs and works so flawlessly there's no reason for people to make posts. I highly doubt the latter.  Console os is old news and Chris Prices antics have turned off potential users.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phuckit's post:
  • BackerX
Hey come on, we all care a lot for Console OS...maybe not for right reasons though.

As for the developer rewards I am indeed very surprised people haven't flocked to it to take part in such an awesome program, my guess would be they've been so badly flooded with applications to take part in the program have delayed it. I mean look at how all you idiot backers have delayed the project hugely by daring to post on the Kickstarter wall with completely unreasonable requests.

On a serious note I'd be curious to know whether the Developer Rewards program was an act of sheer desperation to make it look like something was happening with the project or he genuinely thought that people would be interested in taking part even though he's completely destroyed his name and reputation (well destroyed is maybe the wrong term, 'maintained' his poor reputation perhaps) in the open source community. The lack of details suggest it's the former but it's hard to tell, it's also odd how he consistently contradicts himself - he claims dealing with a handful of posts on the Kickstarter wall and this illegal forum is taking up resources and delaying builds as well plus he was begging for development support then laughably claims he has separate PR and engineering teams who clearly cannot exist based on his own statements.

John

(02-27-2016, 03:52 PM)Phuckit Wrote:
(02-27-2016, 03:42 PM)Mary Wrote: Not like anyone expected it anyways. No one gives a fuck about Console OS.

So true. Their forum says it all. Only been a couple of posts since the release this past week and the rest is spam or posts from 2015.. Either people aren't downloading it or it installs and works so flawlessly there's no reason for people to make posts. I highly doubt the latter.  Console os is old news and Chris Prices antics have turned off potential users.

Agreed, I suspect the generally low backing cost $10 will have meant almost everyone has written this project off a long time ago and if it had been more money there would be a lot more kicking off on Kickstarter. I suspect if it wasn't for you guys keeping the pressure on, Chris Price could have quietly canned this with a quick re-badging of Android X86 then used the kickstarter of a successful project just as he claims iconsole as having gone well despite the fact as far as I can tell nothing ever actually shipped.

John
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnMcL7's post:
  • BackerX
I asked Christopher repeatedly on Reddit, since he had a post taken down for "piracy" (claiming the builds aren't free for public distribution due to closed-source content), if he could please point out what components of the Lollipop build were unique and added.

Of course, he not only didn't answer the question, he dodged around it completely.

The new blurb on the campaign page says Console OS is"...best of the open-source world, with cutting-edge commercial drivers, licensed from Intel." Those drivers, he's stated multiple times, are graphics drivers. However, in the Lollipop build he just released, it's using the exact same open source Mesa Open GL ES 3.0 engine as Android-x86. Absolutely nothing has changed; there are zero Intel drivers. Once again, he lied to try and silence critics, and once again, what he's provided is nothing but a complete, line-for-line ripoff, just like Console OS DR1. He just changed the organization he's ripping off from Intel-IA to Android-x86.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX
@iconsole = 6 likes. @remixglobal = 1359 likes.
Just give up Christopher. No one cares. You've had your Twitter since 2009 anyways, that's 0.86 likes per year. You also have quite a bit more people following your project; see how much they care?

Selling overprized items on ebay will be his only income for the near future.

I wonder how he gets enough money for living.

@Chris Price: If you read it and I guess you will -> The marketing war is lost. The customers have decided.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Backer's post:
  • BackerX
(02-27-2016, 04:50 PM)expsych Wrote: @iconsole = 6 likes.   @remixglobal = 1359 likes.

FYI, those are the amounts of Likes given out by the accounts, not received. Appropriately, half the tweets @iconsole have given Likes to are tweets by @iconsole!
Christopher Price Wrote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging
[-] The following 1 user Likes roddie's post:
  • BackerX
In a move that is fooling no one, he's posted this, clearly in response to a tweet and probably this thread:

"Hi all, we got a new IP from our host. It's propagating the DNS zone file right now, may take 2-3 hours to roll out... hopefully should fix things.

We are not skipping a beat, and have moved over to rolling out Console Developer Rewards, as promised this month, late today."

Now he'll likely throw together some hack update just so he can claim that Developer Rewards did "launch" in February. 
How convenient. Haven't heard a single update in 56 days about developer rewards. Someone calls him out on Twitter about it (he likely forgot considering he's constantly juggling 20 different lies) and now he's conveniently finishing up the rollout.  

This guy pisses me off to no end.

Edit: Looks like he's deleted the single tweet from the thread where the user brings up the Developer Rewards. The conversation jumps to "Better scramble to launch it! Only got a few hours left!" when there was another tweet before.

Christopher, censoring and at it again.