Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coming This Month: Developer Rewards. Of course it's not!!

I find it fascinating that Christopher still holds onto the charade that Console Inc is some corporate entity with employees and 9-5 business relations. I would have no problem betting thousands of dollars that he sits around in his fucking boxers half the day running Android-x86 builds on Linux boxes and coupon clipping for cheaper oil changes and Keurig Kolds.

Such a bunch of BS. Business meetings all day; laugh.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Only 4 hours left according to california timezone.

Time for children's story time Smile

3 hours left. Will he make it ;-)
(02-29-2016, 08:57 PM)Backer Wrote: Only 4 hours left according to california timezone.

Time for children's story time Smile

3 hours left. Will he make it ;-)

Of course not. He just uploaded a random photo of his car to Twitter, saying "Six hours of driving for three hours of meetings. Worth it." As if a picture of a car proves anything. Unlike Jide, where they have pictures of the company around tables, at events, meeting with executives, all we get is a photo of a car, and we're supposed to take his word for it after years of false promises.

$20 says his excuse surrounds the fact that he's been driving all day to go to important meetings, he's very excited about what's to follow, and that he will "unveil the future roadmap" sometime this week. But he just didn't have the time today, because Console Inc was taking part in groundbreaking shit!!!1!1!111
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

I am afraid you are right ;-)

He has 1,5 hours left.

Price is experienced with burning the midnight oil
[-] The following 1 user Likes Backer's post:
  • BackerX
So predictable.

"We're going to get that rolling" means we'll type a few sentences and start telling you about it but delay the rest of the information until a later time. I've become very good at translating Priceton to English.

Six hours of driving for three hours of meetings, which happened to have been scheduled on the last possible day to launch Console Developer Rewards. All because, apparently, this team of tech gurus, who, at one point, was supposed to have "rebuilt Android from the ground up", what, couldn't figure out Skype?

Edit: The update is live and it's hilarious nonsense. He can't ship T-shirts after a year and a half but now wants to ship thousands of dollars in gear every month. What specific gear? It doesn't say. From what industry/corporate partners? Doesn't say.  
Looks like he just typed out a bunch of be so he could keep to his "promise". Seems he's thrown that word out a few times lately, like " as we promised here's yadda yadda" or " we shipped lollipop as promised". What about all the other "promises" you broke to your backers you shitgoose?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phuckit's post:
  • BackerX
He's very careful to use the words like "experiment", and "we may", "we might not", that way when he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain, he can point back to those statements as "stated risks."
[-] The following 1 user Likes xxlariusxx's post:
  • BackerX
I'll be sure to look at his astroturfing accounts to see if the gear he gives away involves his industry partner Slickdeals.net, although at this point that would be a REALLY stupid move.

He absolutely threw that update together. He was called out about developer rewards on Twitter since there was "radio silence" for 56 days. Had he not been reminded, he would have never pushed the update. But now he has to use lines like "...as we promised" to make himself feel better. I think it's the first deadline he's actually met, thanks again to someone else.

At first I thought @RobertCC18 was an astroturfing account, but it seems Robert is also @nxtlvlpiano. It's a kid who looks like he's in middle school (based on his videos) and is all gung-ho because he provided a fix for one of Christopher Prices builds; good for him, it's more than Chris could do. I think Christopher is getting a little annoyed because the kid keeps asking about getting awarded and also inquired about contributing to Console Inc as a school project. Poor fellow doesn't understand Console OS is entirely verbal fluff and only wants to get real experience in the coding world.

Yep. And I'll just say it's interesting that Chris decided to have the rewards go live tomorrow, after the guy has already submitted the patch and Chris said he's going to add them. We'll see how that goes.