Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coming This Month: Developer Rewards. Of course it's not!!
I have a feeling not a single person other than Robert will contribute anything over the course of the month.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Of course, he'll spin the one guy who contributed something into "We've had great interest in our Console Developers Rewards program and are already accepting patches!"

It really is ridiculous: "The first cycle will run March 2 to March 31, for 30 days total. Specific rewards will be announced then, but include workstations, netbooks, laptops, and more!" He expects someone to bust their ass for days, maybe weeks, trying to do what is supposed to be his job, without even knowing what they're getting in return? And he calls this "giving back."
I also have the feeling that he is using this guy as a marketing toy.

I wonder why this boy does not participate in Android-X86 instead of Console OS.
"The first 30-day cycle of Console Developer Rewards will run March 2 through 31. The full site will go live shortly before then, so please check back on the 2nd!"

-Console.com.co/devrewards, March 12, 2016
like always delayed... it is kind of funny that this little boy is pushing him :-)
Developer Rewards revealed!!

[Image: 7aL6PTw.png]
Christopher Price Wrote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging
(03-16-2016, 01:38 PM)roddie Wrote: Developer Rewards revealed!!

I don't think they're related to the developer rewards. I think it's part of his next "revolutionary" product line. He's going to sell USB drives vinyl skinned with the MS Paint made Console Bot as the most powerful, easiest to use, Android OS on a USB stick.

It's going to be so much better than Remix OS because you don't have to download an image, run an .exe, and supply your own flash drive; it will be ready to go out of the box! And it will have special features that you cannot see if you tried comparing it to stock Android-x86, because they're closed source and under NDAs. I know that's weird to think about because the Console OS stack is proudly FOSS forever on The GitHub and you're free to fork it with attribution.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.