Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saint Christopher Price of Chico, CA
It must be frustrating for Christopher Price to be the only one to keep telling us how awesome he is, so, without further ado, I present a few of the many times poor Christopher has had to remind us:

My favorite: a class act, indeed, for contributing his (innumerable) code to open source:

Quote:Console OS has agreed to do so, most do not. A class act move on their part.

After all his success and contributions to the community, he has not taken one dime more. Bravo!

Quote:We haven't taken a dime from the community since Kickstarter

In spite of the trolls and the constant harassers, he volunteers his time, selflessly, to repeatedly answer questions. A saint indeed!

Quote:Contrary to the belief of some, Kickstarter does not obligate us to answer any questions here... we spend hours each week doing so, because we think it's the right thing to do.

I just want to say, that in spite of how Google and Intel have disgraced themselves by hurling roadblocks at poor Saint Christopher, how proud I am of how Christopher is blazing a new path forward!

And a new one, just today. Despite the venom from android-x86.org he makes android better for everybody out of the goodness of his heart.

Quote:We have made Android on PC better, and we will continue to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sortan's post:
  • BackerX
I literally said "Oh, fuck you" to my computer screen when I read his latest comment.

You must be kidding me, he's now spewing bullshit saying that BOTH Remix OS and Android-x86 fund/support/condone "venom" and assaults against Console OS. This guy is unbelievable, and obviously the only person left in the Android community who's doing ANY GOOD. With all the accolades that Chih-Wei Huang has received, all the time he's spent since 2007 maintaining a free project for the community that CP needs to run his scam, all the volunteer work he's done, that all means nothing; he's a disgraced developer and CP, a washed up snake-oil-salesman still living under mommy and daddy's roof is god's gift to Android. He should be so proud of all he's accomplished. A true mensch!!

I don't know if any of you read into that part like I did. I think it's the beginning of an exit strategy. At this point, it's the OEM's fault because even though CP had supposedly created this OS, they're now waiting on Google, later this year. Basically, now nothing's going to happen until late 2016, which at that point will equate to another future roadmap. By the way, what happened to the future roadmap? He never released it.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 2 users Like Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX, xxlariusxx
The other question is for what are OEMs required in order to produce Console OS like promised in Kickstarters campaign?

Where is all the support for Console OS he mentions?

Why do they send their support in private?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Backer's post:
  • BackerX
He still believes that people flocked to the Console OS Kickstarter to support his vanity start-up; that they thronged to support Him/they/it 's revolutionary vision and technical insightfulness. The product (Console OS Pro) he proffered was just a talking point, the features of which he had to "merge", into a poorly rebranded and unmodified fork of an open source project, a project that he OPENLY disparages, both previously and currently, in order to keep "Console viable". And lost all the differentiating (and non-existent) features in the process.

But Backers aren't investors and have no risk/reward in keeping Console viable.

But in the end, I guess the Backers did end up supporting MMV for a couple of years. Almost 80K USD$ isn't a bad wage for writing up 32 backer updates and tending to the comment wall every now and then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BackerX's post:
  • Backer
Mary's Goats, I'm glad you brought up his recent comment, it really shows the tripe he's able to get away with now without the "13."

He says without their Kickstarter, no one would have even fought for Android-IA. Well, how'd that work out? You STILL don't have it, and everyone else has made progress without it. Like Remix, and speaking of which...

His hatred and jealousy of Remix is so obvious. They're everything he wishes he was. "Disgraced" developer Chih-Wei does everything he wishes he could do. I love when he says even they can fork his code. You. Have. No. Code. Even if you did, why would they fork from a product that only works (barely) on fraction of the devices their product works on?

And yeah, his strategy now is to wait for Google or some developer to implement as many of his Pro features by default as possible, that way he can say "Welp, no need for us to do it anymore."

By the way, raise your hand if you received your physical perks yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like xxlariusxx's post:
  • Backer, BackerX
Christopher Priceless Wrote:We think - and have privately received - massive support from most backer that get that their $10 on average is going to that goal, and the people that write in to us have one clear message; keep going.
To those people, we thank you.
Amazing, none of these of people exist on the Kickstarter wall, Twitter, or his forum - in fact, if you manage to find it among the spamfest of his forum, it seems only one backer even bothered installing Lollipop and discovered that all applications do nothing but crash (including seemingly the only thing he added, the Amazon app store).

So, another successful 'release' and now on to dodging questions about developer rewards, physical perks, pro features and refunds so that he can concentrate on stealing, sorry, forking the venom-filled Android-x86 Marshmallow build
Christopher Price Wrote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging
[-] The following 1 user Likes roddie's post:
  • BackerX
(03-11-2016, 05:31 AM)roddie Wrote: ...it seems only one backer even bothered installing Lollipop and discovered that all applications do nothing but crash (including seemingly the only thing he added, the Amazon app store).

Yes, that person is a little kid with the Twitter handle @RobertCC18. Poor kid is passionate about learning to code, and CP has sweet-talked him into believing his side of the story. Funny thing is, CP supposedly is soooo busy running around town meeting with industry partners, staging code to The GitHub, preparing for new product releases, but he literally chats with this child all day on Twitter. I guess he has enough time for that.

Great use of company resources. Nonetheless, Robert is the ONLY PERSON I have seen in 2 years outwardly/vocally supportive of CP and ConOS. After crying wolf for 2 years, no one's going to believe Console Inc's inbox is flooded with support. 

If you want to see real enthusiasm, just hop on YouTube and type in Remix OS or go look at their Twitter feed. In one day they have 20 times  more positive comments from users than ConOS has received in 2 years.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

(03-11-2016, 12:58 PM)Mary Wrote: Yes, that person is a little kid with the Twitter handle @RobertCC18. Poor kid is passionate about learning to code, and CP has sweet-talked him into believing his side of the story.

Kid is hoping for one of the "Developer Rewards". Probably the most he'll get is a "professionally refurbished" tablet anointed by Saint Christopher Price.
He also mentioned a school project he was going to use his work on Console OS for. The kid actually seems to be better at developing for Console OS than Price is. He asked about the ETA for the developer rewards, and, unsurprisingly, Price responded that they were so swamped, and an update will come this weekend. So swamped with what? Probably looking for a keyboard where the CTRL and V buttons don't wear off so quickly.
(03-11-2016, 02:21 PM)xxlariusxx Wrote: He also mentioned a school project he was going to use his work on Console OS for. The kid actually seems to be better at developing for Console OS than Price is. He asked about the ETA for the developer rewards, and, unsurprisingly, Price responded that they were so swamped, and an update will come this weekend. So swamped with what? Probably looking for a keyboard where the CTRL and V buttons don't wear off so quickly.

Yea, the kid just wants to learn. I have a feeling CP will say either: 

1. There were difficulties relaying information to hardware partners and month 1 of Developer Rewards will start in April
  2. The Console OS team had a large meeting, sorting through the hundreds of submissions from developers all over the world, and Robert's wasn't deemed big enough of a submission
  3. They're waiting on receiving the rewards from OEM's (even though CP said they had them) and will touch base with Robert at some other time
  4. He'll give him some CP "refurbished" device that's 4 years old and he bought while coupon-clipping over at Slickdeals.net

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX