Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disgraced developer? You decide.

Chih-Wei Huang:
  • National Taiwan University - Bachelor's degree in Physics, Master's degree in Electrical engineering
  • Director of Top Technology Inc.
  • CTO of Citron Network Inc.
  • Project Manager of Tecom Inc.
  • Senior researcher of Core Technology Center in ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
  • Starting member and council of Software Liberty Assosication of Taiwan
  • Founder and coordinator of Chinese Linux Documentation Project
  • Wrote the Linux Chinese HOWTO, translated HOWTO Index, Linux META-FAQ, Serial HOWTO, DNS HOWTO, Linux Information SHEET, Java-CGI HOWTO, IP Masquerade, mini-HOWTO
  • Developed SGMLtools Chinese Kits
  • Second coordinator and developer of Chinese Linux Extension, and wrote a book about CLE
  • Core developer of GNU Gatekeeper
  • Won first prize of Open Source Contest Taiwan in 2003
  • Committer of KDE and GNONE
  • Contributor of pyDict, OpenH323, Asterisk, GStreamer
  • Originator of Android-x86 in 2009
Christopher Price:
  • University of California, Davis - Bachelor's degree in Political Science
  • Worked at Verizon
  • Intel Black Belt from participation in an Intel online community forum
  • Worked at Beyondsoft as a Marketing and Business Development Manager for 9 months (we all know CP embellishes everything, so I wonder what that position entailed)
  • 4 failed startups/scam-crowdfunding campaigns: Phonenews.com, Mechaworks, iConsoleTV, Console OS
  • Zero proof of any code written by CP, anywhere

Is this a joke?
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

The way he stated that as if it was a widely accepted fact... I literally had to ask myself exactly who did he think he was talking about and exactly who did he think he was talking to? Maybe Robert would believe that. I was astounded.
If Mr. Huang is disgraced what is C.P? ;-)
(03-13-2016, 01:16 AM)Backer Wrote: If Mr. Huang is disgraced what is C.P? ;-)

You know, the guy that offered to pay $50K just to see the code behind... what was it, 10 of the 100 new features in the ready to go Console OS Pro?  Just in case there was any misunderstanding about who (Mobile Media Ventures/Christopher Price) was shaking down who (the Console OS Pro Kickstarter backers)?  From my vantage point, Mr. Huang is walking on the moral high ground, and then some. 

Refusing to reveal how 78 thousand dollars of Kickstarter Backer dollars raised to produce and purchase Console OS Pro (Kit Kat) were squandered and then offering backers a rebranded fork of the very project you disparage == disgusting.
(03-23-2016, 12:31 AM)BackerX Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 01:16 AM)Backer Wrote: If Mr. Huang is disgraced what is C.P? ;-)

You know, the guy that offered to pay $50K just to see the code behind... what was it, 10 of the 100 new features in the ready to go Console OS Pro?  Just in case there was any misunderstanding about who (Mobile Media Ventures/Christopher Price) was shaking down who (the Console OS Pro Kickstarter backers)?  From my vantage point, Mr. Huang is walking on the moral high ground, and then some. 

Refusing to reveal how 78 thousand dollars of Kickstarter Backer dollars raised to produce and purchase Console OS Pro (Kit Kat) were squandered and then offering backers a rebranded fork of the very project you disparage == disgusting.

If I recall correctly, somewhere in Kickstarter documentation you'll find that a project is only required to give an accounting
of how money was spent IF IT FAILS......so you know CPrice will drag this out FOREVER so he can claim he hasn't
failed and NO ONE can ever see an accounting of any money.......

Just maybe...someone from the IRS would be interested though....let's see who was that IRS agent that told
me.........oh never mind..LOL