Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Assimilate Remix OS
Did you see the latest update?  Assimilating Remix OS?  WTF?  Does that translate to:  ripoff android ia, then android x86, and now ripoff Remix OS?

My head is spinning.
I can't even speak to that update at this point. Words cannot conveny the vertiginous retching horror that consumes me as I read his/it/their self-indulgent quixotic justifications.
What an egotistical prick.

edit: It's the combination of superior holier-than-thou and attacking people while, at the same time, stealing their work. Muggers and common thieves are orders of magnitude better than this asshole.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sortan's post:
  • BackerX
Photo 
Disgusting. He literally said in the comments he's "obligated" to take their work. Then he goes into this nonsense about Linux apps and command lines, nothing about physical perks and Developer Rewards though (shocker). The update was basically "This is why Jide is bad, this is why Microsoft is bad, this is why Google is bad."

Btw:

March 21 - Mobile Media Ventures

From there, most of the feedback (from last week's update) has been that we should accelerate up to Marshmallow

April 5 - Mobile Media Ventures

In our last release, we asked people what they wanted us to do - race to Marshmallow or focus on Lollipop. This time around, the feedback we got was substantially different… people said we should focus on Lollipop.

[-] The following 1 user Likes xxlariusxx's post:
  • BackerX
Ahhhh, love the smell of steaming bullshit in the morning.

The choice to "...focus on Lollipop" has nothing to do with backers, as no one except Robert really cares anymore, but everything to do with Jide; whatever fits his narrative.

It will be a lot easier to copy-paste code when your kernel and "stack" conveniently matches Jide's. There will plenty of time to "...accelerate up to Marshmallow" once Jide does.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Don't worry, he's "auditing" the RemixOS code.

His bitterness and "vitriol" towards Jide is starting to get pretty funny. Poor guy must be so jealous (Jide's raised ~1.85 million $ on two Kickstarters).
(04-06-2016, 11:23 PM)sortan Wrote: Don't worry, he's "auditing" the RemixOS code.

His bitterness and "vitriol" towards Jide is starting to get pretty funny. Poor guy must be so jealous (Jide's raised ~1.85 million $ on two Kickstarters).

What's funny is how Jide is a worldwide phenomenon now, has tons of backers and followers, is loved, completely unique, and free.

Console OS is nothing but surrounded in controversy, universally hated by the open source community, has a single teenage pimple-faced fanboy, has nothing new or unique to bring to the table even though it was marketed as such, and cost people $80,000.

And CP wonders why people just don't like him.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Btw, I love that he's doing "filming and promo work" for his new product. All of a sudden, he knows how to work a video camera. When people asked for a video of Console OS working, he actually blamed the lack of one on screen capturing apps, and never addressed it again.
good point. and if you ask him again, the excuse/lie will be that answering you all the time is the reason he's not done anything. so, you know. it's your fault.

meanwhile, "they" simply must now copy the entire business model of remix. that's why the hardware announcement (i bet).

words can not describe how i feel about that particular individual. even if the words could describe it, it would probably make the internet sick.
(04-07-2016, 12:15 AM)Marys Goats Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 11:23 PM)sortan Wrote: Don't worry, he's "auditing" the RemixOS code.

What's funny is how Jide is a worldwide phenomenon now, has tons of backers and followers, is loved, completely unique, and free.

Console OS is nothing but surrounded in controversy, universally hated by the open source community, has a single teenage pimple-faced fanboy, has nothing new or unique to bring to the table even though it was marketed as such, and cost people $80,000.

And CP wonders why people just don't like him.

You're clearly getting confused here, Console OS is the one that has embraced open source and is enhancing the open source community while Remix OS is the root of all evil due to their refusal to be open source. After all, hundreds of thousands of people* have downloaded the soft relaunch of Console OS and I'm sure can't wait for the hard launch!**

* According to the Console KS wall, is that counting the spam bots?
** What the hell does any of that actually mean?!

John