Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meet Un-Backer number 14 | Refund acquired
Hello there, Friends.

I'd like to say Thank You to the creator of this forum and all the active members.

You helped inspire me to persist, and achieve a level of un-backer (I got a refund today)!

More importantly, though - seeing that many of you were able to at least get him to refund you, motivated me to keep at it.  Not because I wanted the money back, but because - maybe - just maybe - this experience will deter a particular individual from scamming others.

Thank you very much for putting this place together, contributing useful things, and helping backers see that we don't have to stand for being ripped off.

I will continue to do what I can to help stop this guy... including a donation to a legal fund as has been discussed here.

Thanks again .

Happy Un-Backing

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/consoleosripoff
[-] The following 3 users Like CONstoleos's post:
  • Ian R, BackerX, xxlariusxx
nice!!! keep posting to inspire others and please tell everyone you got hush money.
(04-06-2016, 09:58 PM)Ian R Wrote: nice!!!  keep posting to inspire others and please tell everyone you got hush money.

Hi Ian.

Thanks!  

Good idea.  Message updated.  Hush Money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CONstoleos's post:
  • BackerX
Awesome Smile

Going out with style. I like it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sortan's post:
  • BackerX
(04-06-2016, 11:06 PM)sortan Wrote: Awesome Smile

Going out with style. I like it.

Thanks.

A step in the right direction, but so many backers still deserve some kind of justice. 
The deleted mmv comments (small victory) feels a little like dropping the mic on the way out of the room. 

Some of the comments are pretty well placed and timed (example attached)

I hope more refunds keep flowing to other backers.

Better cap

Attached Files Image(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes CONstoleos's post:
  • Ian R
Nice man!

The few. The proud. The un-backers.

I'd keep posting unless you've already been banned from commenting.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

40 characters at a time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/consoleosripoff
[-] The following 3 users Like CONstoleos's post:
  • BackerX, Ian R, pk1967
(04-06-2016, 07:59 PM)CONstoleos Wrote: ...

I will continue to do what I can to help stop this guy... including a donation to a legal fund as has been discussed here.

No legal funds will be needed for this site, but thank you for the sentiment.  It was a concern at one point, but is no longer.
Quote:We cannot refund backers. Despite the claims to the contrary below, from inflammatory backers, we have only worked with Kickstarter to drop 16 backers.

Well, there are 2 more who joined our club Smile
(04-09-2016, 01:40 AM)BackerX Wrote: No legal funds will be needed for this site, but thank you for the sentiment.  It was a concern at one point, but is no longer.

Oh. Good.  Glad to hear. This site is really helpful. 

If anyone wants to start a fund to retain legal council in order to stop mmv, I am willing to contribute.

(04-09-2016, 08:41 AM)Backer Wrote:
Quote:We cannot refund backers. Despite the claims to the contrary below, from inflammatory backers, we have only worked with Kickstarter to drop 16 backers.

Well, there are 2 more who joined our club Smile

I saw this post.  Thanks for capturing it here. 

I thought his number was different. I was thinking 14. More refunds are better.  Hoping the refund train gains more momentum.  Until all the money has been returned to backers.