Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damn you, Intel!
With the news of Intel discontinuing some of its chip, "defiantly open" Christopher Price has released an "update" (giving an opinion counts as an update now, I guess) and in it, he reveals:

"We wanted to build the first quad-carrier, tri-SIM Broxton Android superphone. Now, we can’t."

Curse you, Intel! Once again, you screw Chris over and deny us his greatness and vision!
[-] The following 3 users Like xxlariusxx's post:
  • Ian R, CONstoleos, BackerX
The superphone denial was also my favorite part. But only because I got my money back.  

The poor backers don't even get to read his lies on the Kickstarter site anymore, either. The actual update, which he calls. "Thoughts on Chips"  poor poor backers.

Check this BS, right off the KS community scam comment wall.

Creator Mobile Media Ventures, Inc. 2 days ago
Update Posted: Thoughts on Chips
http://console.com.co/thoughts-on-chips/
(05-01-2016, 08:21 AM)xxlariu sxx Wrote: With the news of Intel discontinuing some of its chip, "defiantly open" Christopher Price has released an "update" (giving an opinion counts as an update now, I guess) and in it, he reveals:

"We wanted to build the first quad-carrier, tri-SIM Broxton Android superphone. Now, we can’t."

Curse you, Intel! Once again, you screw Chris over and deny us his greatness and vision! 
Well, let's examine Christopher's imaginary superphone:

quad-carrier: This must mean it's designed for the US market since we're the only country with four carriers using largely incompatible technologies and frequencies.

tri-SIM: Leaving aside the disadvantages of multiple SIMs (only one can be used for data, etc) because this phone is imaginary, a multiple-SIM phone makes no sense for the US market because no carrier or MVNO offers plans that make having more than one SIM advantageous.

So one half of the phone is designed for the US market while the other half is not (adding unnecessary cost and complexity).

Yeah. Tell me more about how this imbecile is going to compete with Apple and Samsung.

Quote:The poor backers don't even get to read his lies on the Kickstarter site anymore, either. The actual update, which he calls. "Thoughts on Chips" poor poor backers.

Yes, I'd imagine one "advantage" is the ability to control who comments as well as to edit your posts when they become embarrassing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sortan's post:
  • BackerX
(05-02-2016, 10:34 PM)sortan Wrote: Yeah. Tell me more about how this imbecile is going to compete with Apple and Samsung.

Exactly. He can't even compete with guys who develop Android on PC software in their spare time, but somehow, he was gonna succeed where Sony, HTC, Amazon, Microsoft, Mozilla, Blackberry, and even his own "industry partner" Intel have all struggled or failed. This fucking guy....
[-] The following 1 user Likes xxlariusxx's post:
  • BackerX