Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ConsoleOS - the new drinking game!
Lightbulb 
Incompetence is one thing. Negligence is another. Yet career snake oil salesman Chris Price goes above and beyond these to the level of a blatant scam.

Completely shameless in his flippant disregard for delivering to his Kickstarter campaign supporters, the ConsoleOS saga has delivered absolutely nothing of value to backers in nearly 2 years.

Let's fix that.

One very thin silver lining to the whole saga is that his Twitter feeds (@chrisprice and @iconsole) can make for an entertaining drinking game.

The rules are simple. Pick any point in time from when the Kickstarter campaign closed, then take turns reading his tweets in chronological order from there. Drinks are triggered by the following events (all drinks are by the player reading the tweet unless otherwise stated):
  • when a reference is made to the ConsoleOS "team" (population: 1): take 1 drink
  • when a claim of progress is made with nothing to show for it:
    • if it includes mention of work submitted to Gitub: take 1 shot
    • if it includes mention of kernel or driver patches: take 1 shot
    • if it includes reference to anything currently "staging": everyone else takes 1 shot
    • if it doesn't include either of the above: take 1 drink
  • when a previously claimed deadline for delivery is missed with nothing to show for it and no acknowledgement is offered: take 1 drink
  • when an excuse is eventually offered for why nothing was delivered:
    • if it includes blame on someone "upstream": take 2 drinks
    • if it includes reference to anything currently "staging": take 1 shot
    • if it attempts to divert attention from non-delivery through offering something even more unlikely to ever materialise: take 1 shot
    • if it is due to things with absolutely no value to backers (e.g. DNS migration, new logo, downloads area): everyone else takes 1 drink
  • when failure is genuinely acknowledged and responsibility is taken without excuses: everyone takes 1 shot for each pig they can see in the sky
  • when something of actual value which isn't total bullshit is released: everyone checks the current temperature of Hell and takes a shot for every degree that it is below zero
Whenever multiple criteria are triggered with a single tweet, the drinks for each criteria triggered must all be consumed before the next person's turn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nathanchere's post:
  • BackerX
Thumbs Up 
(01-15-2016, 06:30 AM)nathanchere Wrote: ...
Let's fix that.
One very thin silver lining to the whole saga is that his Twitter feeds (@chrisprice and @iconsole) can make for an entertaining drinking game.

Wow!  What a great outlook and spin !  I can't stop laughing.   And "it's funny 'cause it's true."   You might want to include a disclaimer, however.  If you were to use these rules on... say... they Kickstarter Backer comment's page, you'd be knee-walking pissed by your second scroll down.   

Do you think Backer Updates could also be rated by a CSDG (ConsoleOS Drinking Game) index?  As a public service, we could rate an Update with shot-count, so the contestants could ensure they had enough libation on hand before 'staging and mainstreaming the github at the backer's requests.'

@nathanchere, I think you've won the Internet.   Well done!
[quote pid='32' dateline='1452915735']
Do you think Backer Updates could also be rated by a CSDG (ConsoleOS Drinking Game) index?  As a public service, we could rate an Update with shot-count, so the contestants could ensure they had enough libation on hand before 'staging and mainstreaming the github at the backer's requests.'
[/quote]

It's safe to say this is not a game for inexperienced drinkers or hosts with a poorly stocked bar.
But even if you run out of alcohol it's OK as long as you blame Nestle for pulling support for Kitkat (or anything equally ridiculous thus still in the spirit of ConsoleOS).
I'm not a backer (I almost was but missed the deadline) so I hope it's okay I add one: Take one drink every time Price mentions ConsoleOS' "new path forward."
(02-08-2016, 05:30 AM)xxlariusxx Wrote: I'm not a backer (I almost was but missed the deadline) so I hope it's okay I add one: Take one drink every time Price mentions ConsoleOS' "new path forward."

Jesus, are you trying to give us alcohol poisoning??
[-] The following 1 user Likes roddie's post:
  •
Lol, if he said it once, I don't think you'd have a chance to put the glass back on the table by the time he said it again.
Going to stickie this thread. It's too precious to let go.
Oh wow!

Getting my drinking game pinned in a rip-off forum is genuinely the most valuable thing that I have gotten out of backing ConsoleOS, so I'm flattered Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes nathanchere's post:
  • BackerX