Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Christopher Price Jargon Thread
It might be fun to collect some of Price's jargon and provide translations.

Quote:We are just as frustrated by these setbacks as you are. But they come upstream from Android, and we are reacting to them

upstream: The people who develop the software, which you can then take, rename, and sell.

Quote:We will provide video capturing solutions with Lollipop. It is one of the features we are gathering internally.

gather: When you are too incompetent / lazy to write your own software, you can gather other people's work and take the credit.
Hi sortan -
Nice! On the first pass of the forum structure I had a section called 'Jargon-o-rama' for this express purpose. I'm moving content over from Kickstarter to the documentation area so that it's indexed and searchable. And then I want to play along!
staging: Nobody knows what this actually is but it seems to be something you do when you have nothing to show for 2 years' worth of work that you claim you have done
Quote:We’ve been working in stealth mode for the past 18 months.

stealth mode: when the work you've done is so super-sekrit that there is no evidence of its existence, even to yourself. Similar to sleep-a-lot-while-thinking-of-schemes-to-defraud-people mode.
Quote:Android on the PC. Android taking on the desktop. Lots of people have talked about it - we’re delivering.

delivering - sending out backer updates about iConsole; defending the merits of my vaporware on the Kickstarter comments page and across the internet; hoping maybe someone develops some code I can rebrand; staging still photographs of my OS in action.
vitriol: his favorite word to describe comments calling him out on dishonesty and verbal diarrhea
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

timeframe: a theoretically improbable and yet unavoidably insulting length of time which is typically calculated, per early Pricetonian reckoning, in eons or millenia; a reference to the awfully peculiar phenomenon, coined by Sir Christopher Price himself, where the temporal differential between two separate planes in the time domain, today and a release date, is actually forever widening; most famously used in Price of Mobilia's landmark "State of the Droid" address when he emphatically proclaimed, "We aren't rewriting history, we did deliver Console OS Pro exclusively to backers in the timeframe stated" (October 13, 2015, Console OS Kickstarter comments section); see also: never, not ever, at no time, not at any time, not once, eternity, on no account, nevermore, no way, not on your life, not in a million years, when pigs fly, when hell freezes over
Quote:We've rebuilt Android™ to be a primary operating system for your PC, 2-in-1 or PC Tablet. Over 100 new features built-in already.

rebuilt: when you take somebody else's work and perform a rename operation. Similar to gather (defined above).

features: each instance of said "renaming" is, of course, defined as a feature. Rename "Android-x86" in one source file to "ConsoleOS" and collect one feature point.

I'm leaving this doozy here:

Quote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging.

We should have a contest to find the most nonsensical statement! The above is my entry.
Server work: As in "Server work continues in the background", presumably this is watching his PC restart to install Windows Updates.
Quote:We shared a detailed project plan with Intel, one that noted dependence on Android-IA. Intel raised no objections to the plan...

shared: when you write an email to shared@intel.com detailing your schemes. If they object to your plans, they would, of course, write back. On a somewhat related note, we (Intel and I) are developing a new chip that uses no power! I have shared the news with Intel and they have raised no objections. Look for my new Kickstarter™ soon!