Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming the Defendant
(01-23-2016, 07:01 PM)hifihedgehog Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 06:17 PM)tbltsx86 Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 05:40 PM)hifihedgehog Wrote: It appears they are legitimate. I just found them searching for them here.
http://www.clerkrecordersearch.org/

I looked searched under the "Fictitious Business Names" section. To quote "Star Wars", it's an older code, sir, but it checks out.
Quote:Document Details   

If you need to view or purchase a copy of this filing, please see
staff at counters S, T, U, V or W for assistance.

Certificate Number:
Filing Date:
08/ 24/ 2015
Filing Type:
F Fictitious Business Name
Expiration Date:
08/ 24/ 2020
Original FBN#:
NA
Abandoned Date:
NA
Abandoned FBN #:
NA
Proof of Publication on File:
NO

Business Name(s):
CONSOLE, INC.

Owner Name(s):
Withdrawn
FBN File#
MOBILE MEDIA VENTURES, INC.

so you can just use anothers name, pay less, and when anyone tries to
find you, they go in circles....cause they get the real business name....
kinda shifty don't ya think?????

Who really filed first, IIX(the Corporation) OR MMV,Inc.(the scammer) see below.........??????????????

Filed by (IIX)
Entity Name: CONSOLE INC.
Entity Number: C3812125
Date Filed: 07/30/2015
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Entity Address: 3131 JAY STREET SUITE 210
Entity City, State, Zip: SANTA CLARA CA 95054
Agent for Service of Process: AL BURGIO
Agent Address: 3131 JAY STREET SUITE 210
Agent City, State, Zip: SANTA CLARA CA 95054

DBA: CONSOLE, INC.
Certificate Number:
Filing Date:
08/ 24/ 2015
Filing Type:
F Fictitious Business Name
Expiration Date:
08/ 24/ 2020
Original FBN#:
NA
Abandoned Date:
NA
Abandoned FBN #:
NA
Proof of Publication on File:
NO

Excellent observation and conclusion!

As usual, I see a glaring discrepancy in Price's priceless comments on Kickstarter. There, he said:
"You can search the d/b/a on the county web site. Our original d/b/a was filed properly, amended properly, and is valid 40 days prior to filing... which pre-dates IIX Corp's filing."

Tell me, how in the world does August 24th predate July 30th, hmm? Price must take us for fools. 

If we have our way, he is, minimally, not going to be laughing all the way to the bank in another scam against innocent individuals.

Creator Mobile Media Ventures, Inc. 24 minutes ago

@Hifihedgehog - D/B/A filings in California are retroactive to 40 days prior to filing, provided prior use can be demonstrated. Deduct 40 days from August 24. We demonstrated prior use and alerted IIX before they began using their Console, Inc. in commerce.

"provided prior use can be demonstrated"

anyone find prior use of Console, Inc. before July 15 (aug. 24 - 40 days...approximately)
in that .pdf ???

and IIX 40 days would be approx. Jun 20th....
(01-23-2016, 07:37 PM)tbltsx86 Wrote: Creator Mobile Media Ventures, Inc. 24 minutes ago

@Hifihedgehog - D/B/A filings in California are retroactive to 40 days prior to filing, provided prior use can be demonstrated. Deduct 40 days from August 24. We demonstrated prior use and alerted IIX before they began using their Console, Inc. in commerce.

"provided prior use can be demonstrated"

anyone find prior use of Console, Inc. before July 15 (aug. 24 - 40 days...approximately)
in that .pdf ???

and IIX 40 days would be approx. Jun 20th....
I think this qualifies, where Price assumed this company name as early as March of last year.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mmv...ts/1122571

Among all the other clear cases of dishonesty Price has committed, this matter of his company's name now somehow appears to be legitimate. I am dubious myself, but it all checks out if the 40-day rule is correct and the other company had no operations under that name prior to the proceeding 40-day period. One last area to investigate before giving Price a pass here is why it took him 6 months to file his company name and why right before someone else did.

Was he onto some insider information about this similarly-named company going corporate months before it happened? If so, did he purposely wait so he could cause people to get easily confused as tbltsx86 suggests? I do not trust Price with a 10-foot pole because anytime I bring anything else to his attention that calls his operation into question, he reverts into scammer mode and uses an obvious divert and deny technique.

Maybe this indeed is a red herring. However, before discarding this completely, maybe, just maybe there still is something substantial hidden underneath here that we can pull out of this.
And I found something! Price broke Californian state law since he used the Console Inc. name more than 40 days before filing. Strangely peculiar... the big question is why, besides incompetence or indolence? Maybe tbltsx86's explanation combined with the fact that Price perhaps had some insider information and wanted to time his filing to fall right before the other Console Inc. (who maybe had unexpected delays?) to ensure confusion. Here is my Kickstarter comments section response to Price concerning that. Let's see what his next crazy response will be. I bet he will say "everyone does it." Funny... so if everyone steals from banks, is that right, too?

Quote:Then why did you assume the fictitious business name of Console Inc. more than 40 days before filing? 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mmv/console-os-dual-boot-android-remastered-for-the-pc/posts/1122571

According to Californian law, you cannot use logos and the like incorporating the new corporation name until 40 days or later prior to the time of filing. In spite of this, you did use the "Console Inc" name in various elements of the company (e.g. site, logo) and, in doing so, you broke corporate law:
"The statement must be filed within 40 days of the commencement of business or before the statement on file expires. Along with the original, the county may require several copies of the statement for filing. The county clerk will certify and return all copies to the registrant, keeping the original. Within 30 days after filing a fictitious business name statement, the registrant must publish the statement in a newspaper of general circulation in the county of its principal place of business. The notice must appear once a week for four successive weeks. Within 30 days of the last publishing date, the registrant must file an affidavit of publication with the county clerk’s office." 
(See here:http://business.ca.gov/StartaBusiness/RegisteringaBusiness/FictitiousBusinessName.aspx )

This behavior is questionably peculiar. I feel like you are leaving out some vital information from the story (as usual) which explains why it took you so long to file (from March to August) and why you chose to use the "Console Inc." name before the permitted 40-day period of retroactivity.

There is some information on corporate names and their legal usage in the link below. It states that it is illegal to use a corporate name to advertise a product without incorporating or registering a DBA (i.e. "Doing Business As", also known as "fictitious business names"). To reiterate, since MMV/Price used "the Console Inc." more than 40 days before he filed his DBA, he used the name illegally. As to the implications of fines and a possible revoking of his company name since there is a history of its unauthorized public usage, I am not sure.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/c...077-7.html
(01-23-2016, 06:02 PM)sortan Wrote: Found it on http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

Entity Name: MOBILE MEDIA VENTURES, INC.
Entity Number: C3316797
Date Filed: 07/06/2010
Entity Address: 2905 STENDER WY STE 86D
Agent for Service of Process: OMAIR FAROOQUI
Agent Address: 12 S FIRST ST STE 600
Agent City, State, Zip: SAN JOSE CA 95113

Nice find.  Not sure how I missed it.  Well, now I've got an address and know his lawyer's name.  Smile

Oh wow. It just occured to me. I bet Kickstarter money paid the lawyer for the name change.
(01-24-2016, 01:18 AM)BackerX Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 06:02 PM)sortan Wrote: Found it on http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

Entity Name: MOBILE MEDIA VENTURES, INC.
Entity Number: C3316797
Date Filed: 07/06/2010
Entity Address: 2905 STENDER WY STE 86D
Agent for Service of Process: OMAIR FAROOQUI
Agent Address: 12 S FIRST ST STE 600
Agent City, State, Zip: SAN JOSE CA 95113

Nice find.  Not sure how I missed it.  Well, now I've got an address and know his lawyer's name.  Smile

Oh wow.  It just occured to me.  I bet Kickstarter money paid the lawyer for the name change.

There needs to be a demand for documentation of fund-use. After nearly 2 years of not delivering on the campaign promises, backers need to see where every penny of the money has gone.

If a single cent went towards plane tickets to conferences, hotel rooms, trying to buy Intel's continued development of Android-IA, vehicles, forum hosting, company filings, personal equipment, etc, etc, Christopher violated Kickstarter's TOS.

He did, there's no question.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Quote:There needs to be a demand for documentation of fund-use. After nearly 2 years of not delivering on the campaign promises, backers need to see where every penny of the money has gone.

If a single cent went towards plane tickets to conferences, hotel rooms, trying to buy Intel's continued development of Android-IA, vehicles, forum hosting, company filings, personal equipment, etc, etc, Christopher violated Kickstarter's TOS.

He did, there's no question.

Oh, without a doubt. In his mind, backers paid to setup Console OS, his vanity start-up.  Not for a product. 

We can and have demanded documentation of the fund-use, but seriously;  This guy won't even come clean that he is a 'team' of one, which was early ask from some of the the more insightful backers, let alone disclose why there was no money left after March (these claims of 'all the money has been spent'  have wanned and waxed).
Here's an address. I Googled it, and it definitely points to the Prices. After I took to Twitter yesterday to call him out on some shit, and he proceeded to get in a Twitter war with me (I'm sure that derailed the company and slowed them down), he filed a DMCA Takedown against the avatar, and this was the information:

Quote:DMCA Takedown Notice

== Copyright owner: Christopher Price
== Name: Christopher Price
== Company: Self
== Job title: Self
== Email address: chris@christopherprice.net

== Address: PO Box 6249
== City: Chico
== State/Province: CA
== Postal code: 95927
== Country: USA
== Phone (optional): n/a
== Fax (optional): n/a

-------

== Description of original work: Modified photograph of Christopher Price, copywritten by Christopher Price

== Links to original work: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/704...zIZg2u.jpg

---

== Reported Twitter account: @TooperTeets
== Reported material on Twitter: Avatar

-------

== 512(f) Acknowledgment: I understand that under 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), I may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys' fees, if I knowingly materially misrepresent that reported material or activity is infringing.

== Good Faith Belief: I have good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

== Authority to Act: The information in this notification is accurate, and I state under penalty of perjury that I am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.

== Signature: Christopher Price

This guy cracks me up. I'd fight it if I actually gave two-shits. Pretty sure it falls under fair use and not a copyright infringement. You can't even tell it's Christopher Price, and you can't copyright the OUTLINE of someone's face. That would lose in a court of law.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX
DMCA Takedown - He appears to be a one trick pony. I wonder if it occurs to him that these are the wages of infamy?
He seems really concerned with people using his picture (both on Kickstarter and, now, Twitter). My guess is that he's trying to hide behind the anonymity of the other "Christopher Price"s, so when people google him in the future, he can claim, that no he's not "Christopher Price the Kickstarter scammer", he's some other innocent guy who happens to share the same name.

Also, I kinda hope that he does try something heavy-handed against this site. With a lot of respect for BackerX since he's the only one with skin in the game and it's completely understandable if he doesn't want to bother with the hassle, but action against a perfectly legitimate criticism site is something people like the EFF love to defend. Not to mention the inevitable "Streisand effect" back onto Price.
(03-01-2016, 01:51 AM)sortan Wrote: He seems really concerned with people using his picture (both on Kickstarter and, now, Twitter). 

People could always use this pic of Noel Petok (troy from the office). They look remarkably similar lol.

[Image: MsikE18.jpg]

[Image: dNoesGP.jpg]

Who the hell wears a buttoned up polo shirt under a suit jacket? What a dork.