Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your predictions
Hey all.

I noticed on the weekend that the console.com.co domain was only showing a loading image:

[Image: console.com.co.png]
And with the https://console.com.co is not loading half the assets correctly: 

[Image: https.console.com.co.png]

He's already blamed console os downloads being down "due to @cloudflair being deployed on the forums" (which un-surprisingly wasn't very effective at stopping over a hundred spam messages over the weekend, which he has quietly deleted today). Apparently the cloudflair problems have been resolved but "other server work" might have been undertaken. So any predictions on:

1) If his "team" will even notice it, it's already been a few days (I would have tweeted @iconsole but that account blocked me, but I guess someone from the "team" keeps an eye on this site based on your DCMA takedowns)

2) If his "team" can fix it (this would be a pretty quick fix for anyone with any competence in such things)

3) Who he'll blame (I've not seen CP or his "team" take any responsibility for anything, so I suspect he'll blame something or someone).

I'm also quite interested how he will handle the fact that no one (except Robert) has publicly showed any interest in his shitty dev rewards program. Looking forward to his spin on that and hoping he has the decency to gift Robert something more than a "professionally re-furbished" laptop that was previously only used show show a Android Lollipop wallpaper for a few photos. 

(P.S How do I set my "About to unveil the roadmap" or "Delivering the GitHub" line on my posts, that was one of the most exciting things about posting here - so much material to work with!)

(P.P.S Great work on the site and all the great content, very amusing and hopefully effective.)
(04-18-2016, 12:47 PM)tarnacious Wrote: Hey all.

Hi tarnacious!

Welcome!  We haven't had a lot of action around here lately, so it's nice to get a fresh voice.  Interesting, in regards to the websites. My take is that they/he/it have fleeced all they can from the ConsoleOS shenanigans and probably aren't devoting a lot of effort to the support side of business scheme.  

But, Chris Price is a regular reader of consoleosripoff.com so in some respects, your post is kind of like submitting a trouble ticket. You are more likely to see action as a result of posting here than on his... err...  highly regarded and well recieved forum. 
The tag lines are auto-generated and change according to how many posts a user has made, usually in increments of 5 posts.  But being the fun loving folks we are, you are welcome to change it to anything you want, under User CP/Edit Profile/Custom User Title.  
Thanks for the feedback on the site.  I think we played a role in getting at least a few victims refunds. Only 5600 or so more to go.  Wink
Cheers!
Anyone seen his latest comments? They're a doozy. Blaming everything from Kickstarter, to even mentioning that a "key engineer" may pass. Now I want to be careful here, because there may be some guy he knows, that contributed a line or two to his GitHub so Price considers him a "key engineer", the way any company he sends an unsolicited email to is an "industry partner", and maybe that guy is in poor health. Either way, it is completely despicable of him to even mention it and use it as another excuse for why he can't deliver. Oh and the physical perks that you paid for is now a "straggler" issue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes xxlariusxx's post:
  • BackerX
(04-18-2016, 04:54 PM)xxlariusxx Wrote: Anyone seen his latest comments? They're a doozy. Blaming everything from Kickstarter, to even mentioning that a "key engineer" may pass. Now I want to be careful here, because there may be some guy he knows, that contributed a line or two to his GitHub so Price considers him a "key engineer", the way any company he sends an unsolicited email to is an "industry partner", and maybe that guy is in poor health. Either way, it is completely despicable of him to even mention it and use it as another excuse for why he can't deliver. Oh and the physical perks that you paid for is now a "straggler" issue.

yes...did you read it carefully....!!!??

Creator Mobile Media Ventures, Inc. about 7 hours ago
@Dave - Two separate topics that are getting mixed together here. The time to refund, and the development of Console OS itself.

As he loaded up three long post in about an hour, his intent maybe simply having
most overlook what to me was one important comment......

"The only path forward for Console OS, and for Console, Inc, is through."

Read that again....

In other words, we got your money...we're outa here...so don't expect anything
from us except our continous BS...we're just bloggers and don't need to do real
work when we can rip people off for a living....!!!

"to offer other products. We have to bring in revenue."

again.....he said

"The only path forward for Console OS, and for Console, Inc, is through."
[-] The following 1 user Likes tbltsx86's post:
  • BackerX
How about this for mind-boggling levels of audacity?

[Image: uglRVEO.png]
Christopher Price Wrote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging
[-] The following 3 users Like roddie's post:
  • BackerX, pk1967, JohnMcL7
(04-19-2016, 10:41 AM)roddie Wrote: How about this for mind-boggling levels of audacity?

[Image: uglRVEO.png]

I don't so bad about accidentally taking a swim with my Z3c without covering the ports. I would hate to think I had something in common with CP.  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like pk1967's post:
  • BackerX, Backer

Ladies and gentlemen, even though CP said perks would ship after Lollipop was released months ago, it seems he was waiting to "slay spam demons." Maybe he doesn't think a "soft launch" constitutes a release, but nonetheless, it's happening!

Considering this is a predictions thread, here I go:
  • There will be no pre-launch flyers. Since he's already "soft launched" something, he'll say that money is better put towards improving Console OS and shaking up the industry further
  • There will be no Spotify subscriptions. He'll say the deal he struck with his "industry partner" Spotify expired long ago, so the free month isn't possible
  • There will be shitty t-shirts. Maybe Fruit of the Loom undershirt quality with iron-on Console OS bot
  • There will not be laptop skins, instead there will be very small vinyl decals of the Console OS bot
Basically, what he'll deliver is 99% not what he originally promised in the campaign.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 2 users Like Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX, Backer
Not only did he slay "spam demons," but he bragged how dedicated he was for doing it at 3 am. I bet some nurses and firefighters could learn a thing or two about dedication from him.

He already waffled on the Spotify thing a while back so yeah, that's out. He'll probably do a "soft shipping" of the rest of the perks. Since so many people have forgotten about this, he can probably lie about how just many he's shipped, if it ever happens at all.

Edit: I can't wait for a fluff update after Google I/O. It'll be a bunch of tech jargon about everything Google will do in Android N and how it'll naturally reduce the amount of "work" he needs to do for the next release. Which basically translates to if Google adds enough PC features, I'll just wait for Android-x86 to do all the work, then relabel it as Console OS, and claim that the "feedback" said skip Marshmallow and move on to Android N.
[-] The following 3 users Like xxlariusxx's post:
  • pk1967, Backer, BackerX
(05-17-2016, 06:05 PM)xxlariusxx Wrote: Not only did he slay "spam demons," but he bragged how dedicated he was for doing it at 3 am. I bet some nurses and firefighters could learn a thing or two about dedication from him.

He already waffled on the Spotify thing a while back so yeah, that's out. He'll probably do a "soft shipping" of the rest of the perks. Since so many people have forgotten about this, he can probably lie about how just many he's shipped, if it ever happens at all.

Edit: I can't wait for a fluff update after Google I/O. It'll be a bunch of tech jargon about everything Google will do in Android N and how it'll naturally reduce the amount of "work" he needs to do for the next release. Which basically translates to if Google adds enough PC features, I'll just wait for Android-x86 to do all the work, then relabel it as Console OS, and claim that the "feedback" said skip Marshmallow and move on to Android N.

As someone who is an on-call firefighter (24x7) as well as holding down a more than full time job in IT, am I allow to pass.  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like pk1967's post:
  • BackerX, xxlariusxx
Google announced it'll be bringing the Play Store and Android apps to ChromeOS.

Android-x86 will still be around because enthusiasts created it, but once Google finishes the roll out, ConsoleOS is done. Remix OS might be as well.

There will be no reason for anyone to use Console OS (it's not like anyone other than Robert was using it to begin with). We'll see CP write some post about how it's no longer possible to deliver his vision (because of upstream decisions by other people), and the scam will be complete. He's already doing that on the KS wall, even though in a post before that he said they're continuing on:

Quote:@Bibek - While we appreciate good sarcasm, this clearly is not a "happy" time.

It is not a "happy" time for twelve thousand of our friends at Intel that are now looking at being out of work. In case you missed our last update, Intel has decided not to support Android on their next-generation family of mobile chips. That means the very future of Android on x86 processors is in flux.
Right now, we're fighting just to make the case to keep Android alive on Intel processors. So no, we're not happy right now.

It won't be a failure (because it wasn't his fault), and he won't need to refund any money (because he gave it his best effort). It will be on to the next scam.

He'll probably hold off on delivering physical perks so he never has to send those out either.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

[-] The following 2 users Like Mary's Goats's post:
  • xxlariusxx, BackerX