Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meet a sock-puppet alter ego
(01-26-2016, 05:38 PM)sortan Wrote: Have you ever gone to a forum or article about ConsoleOS and felt curious about a person singing its praises? After all, ConsoleOS is a scam, and yet there is this person who seems happy and enthusiastic about it. Perhaps you're wrong and should reevaluate your views?

Nah. Let's take a look at one of these supporters:

How can I be so sure that Mr. hatoncat is Christoper Price? He lets it slip in one of his blog posts (look at the username on the image).

This is the kind of duplicitous behavior we're dealing with here and it demonstrates how Price has been a pathological liar from the beginning.

Great work sortan!  On many of the media articles covering the Android-x86 scandal, there has been this lone poster who would defend CP and leave comments like "Perhaps you should ask Intel.  They are the ones that left Console OS holding the baggage."

I thought that phrase was interesting, because most folks using that phrase would say 'holding the bag', and not baggage. 

Which inspired me to set up this forum and submit the first thread.  The phrase doesn't' appear in backer updates, so it's not indexed here, but it appears over and over again on the backer comment page 

Deception from Day Zero. 

Also, because I happen to work closely with another pathological liar, I picked up on a few things, early on, right after the campaign ended..  You will notice that literally nothing can besmirch 'them.' The smallest thing that you or I wouldn't think twice about saying sorry about or would just pass off as "yeah, I didn't get to that.  I'll work on it tomorrow" becomes a "server failure" or "an undisclosed upstream IP reallotment."    Or in my personal case, a sneeze into my salad becomes "My doctor prescribed some medication that makes me sneeze uncontrollably.  You might want to see about sending him a bill."

It's not just the lying, but the lying always has to justify that the subject isn't responsible, and that the responsibility for any failure or transgression is transferable.  

"It's sad.  So sad.  It's a sad, sad situation.  And it's getting more absurd. "  - Christoper Price, via Legal and PR teams.
(01-27-2016, 12:37 PM)roddie Wrote: He posted this laughable response to the astroturfing discovery:

Chris Prick Wrote:As with any AMA-format, it's common for people to use their real names when representing a company. That is why our CEO made a new Reddit account; to represent Console, Inc. with his real name - the old and new accounts are not intended to overlap or bump one-another.
It would make little sense to do it that way, as people could easily connect the two usernames. To astroturf, you wouldn't begin to use commonly-associated usernames.
Claims of "astroturfing" are unfounded. Everyone at Console, Inc. has better things to do with our time - like ship Console OS, which we're well on the way to do on GitHub, and shortly in release candidate.
Also looks like he's tried to delete all the Con OS related comments from his Reddit account  Big Grin

He really does think everybody else is an idiot, doesn't he? I'm sure everybody knows people like him: people who think they are superior and smarter than everyone else, whereas, in reality, they are exceedingly stupid with massively over-inflated ego.

All his replies seem to follow the same pattern: 1) Random denial for an imaginary accusation. 2) This is costing us valuable time. 3) ConsoleOS coming soon! You'd think he'd have his "PR people" or "social media team" handle the replies instead of "his engineers" Rolleyes

He really doesn't write like a normal human being, but instead some corporate drone bot, which is a feat in itself, I suppose.

Nice find on the eBay link, hifihedgehog. That seems to be his main job. Getting trinkets from Intel for being a "black-belt developer" (free forum tech support), and reselling them on eBay. This is also probably the source of his developer "rewards" program and the tablets he's promised to three of his backers.
(01-28-2016, 05:52 PM)sortan Wrote: He really does think everybody else is an idiot, doesn't he? I'm sure everybody knows people like him: people who think they are superior and smarter than everyone else, whereas, in reality, they are exceedingly stupid with massively over-inflated ego.

All his replies seem to follow the same pattern: 1) Random denial for an imaginary accusation. 2) This is costing us valuable time. 3) ConsoleOS coming soon! You'd think he'd have his "PR people" or "social media team" handle the replies instead of "his engineers" Rolleyes

He really doesn't write like a normal human being, but instead some corporate drone bot, which is a feat in itself, I suppose.

Nice find on the eBay link, hifihedgehog. That seems to be his main job. Getting trinkets from Intel for being a "black-belt developer" (free forum tech support), and reselling them on eBay. This is also probably the source of his developer "rewards" program and the tablets he's promised to three of his backers.
Thanks, sortan! If Intel's Black Belt Developer rewards are like any of the freebies Dell gives out to a select few of their Rockstars, then participants in their program are under a contractual obligation to not resell those freebies. If this rule exists, I wonder if it applies to the Intel R200 RealSense camera that Price is selling. Ironically, I was eyeing that very product listing of his a couple months ago due to a forum discussion some buddies and I were having about how one of HP newest tablets has one of these R200 Real Sense cameras internally, making it a very hot product for developers since this model is not available for public resale. Little did I know that it was Christopher Price, under his pseudonym of hatoncat, who was selling it. By the way, that RealSense camera was up around $1000 when I first saw his listing, and it has since dropped in price. I wonder: Should we report this eBay listing to eBay and/or Intel?
Latest puppet account?

https://twitter.com/RobertCC18

[Image: WHNmLXi.png]
(02-02-2016, 11:41 AM)roddie Wrote: Latest puppet account?

One  tweet in his history.  He doesn't follow the comment wall, but reaches out to CP on Twitter, so he can crow about his progress on checkpointing the staging of the Inel components on the hands-on-shoulders-pump to the GitHub.  
I'm going to guess friends or family, with prompting from CP. 
No join date?
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-that-on-...ers-do-not
Would someone who has been working extensively on KitKat DR1 really be new to the twitter game, and then choose that method to reach out? 
He also seems to know that the KK abortion was coined "dr1" (which 'shipped', btw, CP has the bandwidth bills to prove it), but seems to be up to speed on the CP lingo.  I would be expecting  the uninitiated to request Lollipop DR1, or perhaps Console OS DR2 - Lollipop, but Robert comes straight out and asks about lollipop. 
And it's been a year since any, umm, release has 'shipped', but Robert is Johnny-on-the-spot when it comes time for the ConsoleOS Floor Show?
I've exceeded my 140 characters and will EOF.
What's funny is Christopher Price talks about us backers rallying against his dishonest ways as: ""less than a fraction", to be clear, the number of inflammatory backers is around 0.1%," but he's calculating this dishonestly. He's taking the total number of backers and then dividing a few into that number, as if all the rest are supportive, cheering him on, and welcoming him with open arms.

There's 2 types of backers at this point: those who are sick of his shit, and those who have completely forgot about the project and their small investment. The supportive ones are actually the "less than a fraction."
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Less than a fraction, as in: none.
@RobertCC18 is at it again! Up to 4 Twitter posts on his account, 100% of them praising Console OS.

I wonder who he is!?

Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Meet asuka!

Her hobbies include Keurig KOLD devices and a whole bunch of of Intel laptops and 2-in-1s.   She is into nightly builds and slick deals!

http://slickdeals.net/forums/member.php?u=445571

Quote:Console OS is using Intel's closed-source graphics driver, which runs better than Mesa. They licensed it along with other stuff. Like I said, I have tested all the options - I do Android app dev all day long.

Console OS is not vaporware, and on devices that they are supporting, does run better than Android-x86.org (yes, even the nightly builds).

I could see you not liking Console if you didn't like Cyanogenmod (since they're both commercial), but calling it vaporware is unjustified. Nascent, I'll concur.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7682702-console-...st74500371

Is there is no forum this scam artist won't astroturf.  I can't imagine having this much time on my hands.

There is more to be gleaned from this thread, but this nugget was nice:

Quote:Quote from mooshibas [Image: backlink.gif] :
lol, I love how you jump to the conclusion that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The infographic clearly aims to show and imply that Console OS is different than Android-IA, but it's the same farking thing.

I develop and have more experience with Android-x86 and porting than you ever will, guaranteed. Any of the emulators suck balls, but Android-x86 is leaps and bounds above Console OS, and yes you can install it.

I would say the easiest way is to copy partitions over after installing it to a blank ext4 partition on a USB drive. See this tutorial for any of you interested in installing Android-x86. The installation is cleaner and does the exact same thing Console OS tries to "automate:" http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...tcount=126

The kickstarter project was funded in August, and according to Console OS, they've been building it from the ground up for over 2 years! Yet their first release was a nightmare and didn't deliver anything above stock Android-IA, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of their marketed implementations has gone unanswered. Not even a demo, not even an alpha version, just nothing.

And then they abandon all those things because of Lollipop, when the backers spent $78,000+ to get those features. 

I say "they" because in reality Console OS is just Christopher Price. There's no one else on the team, never any names or pictures of any of the team members. He just posts with different writing styles to paint the illusion.

Do a little bit of research and you'll see that this man is a vaporware pusher and a scam artist. Just look up iConsole.tv. Another project of his that was funded and went nowhere, and another project just abandoned with pissed off backers.

He continues to market all these features but none of them are implemented. That's called false advertising and in my eyes, fraudulent practices. Go read the shit on Console OS' website, you'd think it's an amazing piece of software, until you realize it doesn't even really exist.

Know all the devices DR1 was supposed to support FULLY? None of them are supported fully lol.

Android-x86 4.4-r2 build with Mesa is pretty damn amazing and works so much better than Console OS.

This was posted almost a year ago.

Attached Files
.pdf   Slickdeals_The_Best_Deals_Coupons_Promo_Codes_amp_Discounts.pdf (Size: 68.34 KB / Downloads: 46)
So THAT'S why Price insists there's more than one person working on ConsoleOS. He's including his other personalities.