Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meet a sock-puppet alter ego
What a jackass. From Wikipedia

Quote:Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participant(s).

Pretending to a "backer" on reddit is astroturfing. Pretending to be a 3rd party on slickdeals is astroturfing. Astroturfing is misleading others on who you are and not (necessarily) using multiple accounts.

Anyone want to buy a car? Owned by a CEO of, not one, not two, but THREE companies!!!!! The previous owner apparently came into a large sum of money (about $80,000) to upgrade!
Maybe he's raising money for refunds Big Grin
Christopher Price Wrote:We have checkpointed and sent our GitHub rebase to staging
Off-topic, but the little phrases beneath each username legitimately made me laugh out loud today; beautiful touch.

I edited mine, because I love burning the midnight oil.
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

(02-11-2016, 12:55 AM)Mary Wrote: Off-topic, but the little phrases beneath each username legitimately made me laugh out loud today; beautiful touch.

I edited mine, because I love burning the midnight oil.

Thanks MG!  I saw that roddie and sortan were "Junior Members" with only two stars (WTF do those even do), and that I was a "Super Moderator" and thought it looked so out of control and pompous, I dug into it this morning and jazzed the user titles up a bit.  Five stars for all participants! Huzahh.  

The silver lining in this whole debacle is that I learned a little bit about MyBB and admin'ing a forum.  So, there's that.  Confused  
And on a side note, I like listening to Midnight Oil.  They were a band.  From Australia.  A long time ago. Wink
Yes, nice work on the forum, BackerX. Could certainly teach a certain someone and his team of engineers and social media people how to do things Wink

Here's Mr. Asuka on fatwallet.

Let's keep expectations realistic!

Quote:Did cost $10, they're making it temporarily free.

I was a Kickstarter backer for this, and a fan. I use it on my Dell XPS 12 and Yoga 2 13's with gusto. I've never had Android apps play/run this well, and the tech demos they have on their wiki really show what's ahead for Android. Dual-boots with Windows 8.1 no problem.

Console OS

But just to keep expectations realistic, it's still beta-quality. That said, it was $10 and now it's free. Don't know when they will cut it off, I suspect when they start shipping Lollipop.

He voted for lolipop:

Quote:Backers took a vote awhile back, choice was to have them focus on Lollipop and make KitKat available to everyone, or focus on KitKat features first. Lollipop didn't exist when their Kickstarter began.

I voted for Lollipop first. According to them, so did most people.

Lollipop seems to be tripping everyone up. I can't even get it for my Moto X yet.

You can't post kickstarters here! (so much for following other forum's rules)

Quote:Kickstarters were against forum rules last time I checked - or rather, last time my post was blocked.

And this is far from the first Android PC. It's just a TV stick in a bulkier case. Red encouraged.

Two observations/questions from me:

1) Why was he still pushing this fraud onto new people in Feb 2015 (notice that he started the thread on Fatwallet), well after Intel abandoned him and he was SOL?

2) I think we can assume that the "backer voting" was a sham, because (1) he has not control over the development process (Intel and Android-x86 do that), and (2) here in his guise as a "backer" he's claimed to have "voted".
[-] The following 1 user Likes sortan's post:
  • BackerX
Ahhhh, yes. So he's CEO, engineering, calls himself teammate, and he's a backer who payed money for the project and voted on Kickstarter.  

Multiple personalities much?
Christopher Price Wrote:We're not going to ask our teammates in Europe to burn midnight oil to ship source code this weekend. Some cannot even leave their homes, and are under curfew. France is in a state of emergency.

Here's a new one I made.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mary's Goats's post:
  • BackerX
Nice!

Only thing missing is a mugshot of Price.

I have a suggestion if you're doing more: a listing of all of Price's alternate accounts with astroturfing quotes (my favorite is "A class act move on their part.) Smile
http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-pre-p...s-pre.html

Mr hatoncat on ebay has become a Mr usb-c.

This must be his main source of (legitimate) income and he's trying to protect it as best he can, I suppose.

I took a look at his listings and it's quite amusing that he's still a parasitic middle-man:

Trying to flip a $150 Packed Pixels Kickstarter display for $300.

Way overshot the mark by trying to sell a (I assume) free Intel RealSense R200 for $750. Unfortunately for him, no one bit, so he's relisted it (again and again) for $480.

A Keuring KOLD bought on Fatwallet / Slickdeals for $100 and attempted flip for $250.

Various other items that I assume are also attempts at flipping Fatwallet / Slickdeals items.

"Professionally refurbished" laptops / tablets Rolleyes

A car for way over list price.
[-] The following 2 users Like sortan's post:
  • dennis, BackerX